What causes taco leaves and general unhealthiness of this Auto?

• Thread starter bibsoconner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bibsoconner

Here's some pictures of my outside Alaskan Auto Purple planted about mid-January. She is the sister of an indoor plant and has pretty much been treated the same! You can see from my other post:
that the indoor one is doing MUCH better. In fact, my only problem with the indoor one is when to harvest! This one has been a trouble maker compared to her sister :)
Currently, I'm wondering what's causing the taco leaves and general unhealthiness? Like the one indoor, she is in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and I treat with TigerBloom (because she is flowering, just not like her sister). Could the taco shaped leaves be too much/little nutrients? Too much water? We have had a fair bit of rain lately by our standards. I'm in coastal southern california.
What should I do? Yelling at her to be more like her sister is not yielding any results :)
Thanks!

What causes taco leaves and general unhealthiness of this auto
What causes taco leaves and general unhealthiness of this auto 2
What causes taco leaves and general unhealthiness of this auto 3
What causes taco leaves and general unhealthiness of this auto 4
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

Brown tips are typically nutrient burn from overfeeding. Edge curl can be a number of things. Too much heat or light would be candidates indoors, but it looks like you're outside. Heat, maybe?

B

bibsoconner

Brown tips are typically nutrient burn from overfeeding. Edge curl can be a number of things. Too much heat or light would be candidates indoors, but it looks like you're outside. Heat, maybe?
Thanks for the reply @ArtfulCodger . I wouldn't think it's too much heat. Highs have been in low 60s or upper 50s. We are in spring time in southern california so days are getting longer but still not a whole lot more than 12 hours. I was wondering if it could be too much water (lot of rain lately) or to much overfeeding of nutrients (as you indicated for brown tips). I'll do nothing and monitor her.

B

bibsoconner

This outdoor plant just gets worse and worse. I haven't used any nutrients in ages (maybe that's the problem). Now, besides the taco leaves, some leaves are definitely yellow!

IMG 0983
IMG 0980
IMG 0982
IMG 0981
Top Bottom