What causes this type of growth/structure

• Thread starter sonygarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sonygarden

sonygarden

Hey guys. First time solo grower on the grind. I wanted to know if any of you have some advice as to what causes this type of growth. Most of my plants seem to have nice structure, uniform, getting fairly tall. But quite a few of them have this type of growth we’re the lower bottoms just explode with growth on the inside and it seems to stop growing vertical. I assume I’m going to have to clean up all those insides eventually as I’m sure light and air will have issues. It’s just like tons of growth all clustering inside. Thanks for your time!

What causes this type of growthstructure
What causes this type of growthstructure 2
What causes this type of growthstructure 3
What causes this type of growthstructure 4
What causes this type of growthstructure 5
What causes this type of growthstructure 6
What causes this type of growthstructure 7
What causes this type of growthstructure 8
What causes this type of growthstructure 9
Odiesel

Odiesel

looks like they might have been cloned from plants that were early into flower. then when they took them it reverted back to veg and caused the tight bunching of internode spacing before it started to grow regularly again.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey sony , it happens , can be a result of your lights and how you manage them ,as they are young they fill and grow in a uniform manor , then as you raise the lights , one or a few of the strongest growing stems takes over to maximize light capture and it the plant will reconfigure to optomize light , the main stem shooting up towards the light , leaving the oldet growth to take backstage
Just my opinion , others may disagree ....
But ive seen many plants do that..

Can also be heat , light stress , or boost in nutrient

sonygarden

sonygarden

The lights and environment aren’t ideal.. and I haven’t introduced any nutes. They’ve been going off fox farms ocean forest soil thus far, but I have a big bag of seablast bloom that I plan on introducing into the regiment soon. Thank you, I believe you’ve chimed in on a few of my posts. Much appreciated. I’m going to research what I can do to help the ones that look like that. They are a mess of growth in the center of the plant

sonygarden

sonygarden

Thinking about it now, is it possible I’m keeping the lights too close? I’m running a gang of t5 lights and I keep them very close to the tops of the plants since they don’t put out much heat. Haven’t had any issues from the close light but maybe that’s causing that type of growth? Should I consider pulling the lights higher to get them to get their stretch on. I have quite a large amount of plants, and may not even use them all but I’d like to learn the cause of this and how good or bad it is. As I said i assume I’m probably going to have to shave it all up in there and clean it up as they grow

sonygarden

sonygarden

looks like they might have been cloned from plants that were early into flower. then when they took them it reverted back to veg and caused the tight bunching of internode spacing before it started to grow regularly again.

Somehow I missed your reply before. The guy these came from has stated in the past that he can take clones in flower. “They say ya can’t, I say I can” lol. These particular plants aren’t what I’m relying on so it’s no huge deal, so I’m not mad at him, we grabbed em just to see how they go with the others. It’s very possible he cloned flowering plants. With that being said though they were much smaller when I got them and most of that is new growth. Can it still be in the “dna” of that particular clone that knows it was once flowering

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I see no problems. You have a plant that genetically wants to grow like a vine. Just trim as necessary. Clean up anything too close to the main stem, but I am not sure why you think there is a problem with your plants.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Somehow I missed your reply before. The guy these came from has stated in the past that he can take clones in flower. “They say ya can’t, I say I can” lol. These particular plants aren’t what I’m relying on so it’s no huge deal, so I’m not mad at him, we grabbed em just to see how they go with the others. It’s very possible he cloned flowering plants. With that being said though they were much smaller when I got them and most of that is new growth. Can it still be in the “dna” of that particular clone that knows it was once flowering
Hi, That happens with some plants and as you said you have your t5's close and that's why they're not stretching for the light. I like mine short and I keep my t5& t8's close also. Those bottom shoots are great clones. I top the heck out of my plants to keep them short and bushy, I then use clips and string to tie down the branches to the sides of the pots to spread them out to give light to those inner shoots. I want bushes over trees. Nice healthy looking girls if you want them to get taller lift the light some. I keep mine close to keep them short.

sonygarden

sonygarden

Thank you for the input! And I didn’t necessarily think anything was wrong, they just looked way different and “messier” than some of the other plants. Glad to know there’s nothing to work about

Madbud

Madbud

If you tie the top of one to 90°, the branches grow straight up for a nice even canopy, try it.

Top Bottom