caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Only one branch is affected
I have this on two different plants The 1st photos are a bubba kush
Alltops
Badtop

The other is a lower branch on the volunteer on the other side of the property
We noticed it a couple months ago..just one branch .it seems to be out growing it though.

Badbranch

I wonder if I should remove it...But I also what to see what the buds look like on the branch :)

Is something Stressing just one branch?o_O

Badtopclose
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Whenever I've found leaves turned over like that, twisted into a tube, I've always found something living inside them. But what you're showing isn't quite like that. Could it be a sport? They look otherwise very healthy.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I've seen things like this when there was a light problem. Light stress from a light leak.
Your neighbors have any streetlamps or floodlights goin?
How long ago did you put them out?

It is perplexing being just 1 branch and all.

P

paulycali

I've had a branch and not the whole plant do that. Got me stumped to. Seems to be only temporary. I'd like to know what causes this as well. Anybody know what causes this?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
The fact that it's only one branch is what's thrown me, really.
Yeah...Thats what we said when we saw it on the volunteer..a while back..That branch looks fine on top now

But i dont think the bubba has time to outgrow this...

Ive been growing this bubba cut for 3 years...never seen this

no lights near this one Panda. I put that one out a few months ago.
Stopped the supplemental lighting in mid june i think

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I've had a branch and not the whole plant do that. Got me stumped to. Seems to be only temporary. I'd like to know what causes this as well. Anybody know what causes this?

Thanks...Im glad someone else has seen it!! ...so Im not crazy....lol:confused:

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
ive had that 2 but only when I was stalling plants out. I mean lighting them with a 24w floursent for a few weeks. everything else looks fine except the leaves curl up weird. I remember reading that that sympton is related to a virus of some kind, but as everyone else stated plants look healthy!
confu...

SunGrown

SunGrown

probably boron deficiency, typically because of a ph fluctuation.
a period of high humidity can cause it as well. It usually grows out of it and shouldn't effect the finished flowers.

That is my guess anyway.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
SunGrown, since boron is so important in Ca utilization, wouldn't there be a concurrent apparent issue with Ca? Or could he expect Ca issues to present a little later on down the road?

bigjay420

bigjay420

I have the same problem on 1 of my ladies. I was told mine was heat stress by a few people. Hope you get it figured out, my friend.

SunGrown

SunGrown

I would expect that there are no nutrient deficiencies, more likely it was a stress factor that made boron locked out while the plant is figuring out how to deal with the stress.

If they were both seed plants I would say possibility of mutant genes But I assume the bk is a clone from an established supply, but that bk looks different than the one I am familiar with, that bk looks sativa influenced

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I would expect that there are no nutrient deficiencies, more likely it was a stress factor that made boron locked out while the plant is figuring out how to deal with the stress.

If they were both seed plants I would say possibility of mutant genes But I assume the bk is a clone from an established supply, but that bk looks different than the one I am familiar with, that bk looks sativa influenced

Thanks SG :) Yeah it's a clone of a clone of a clone and so on for 3 years.I got it from Harborside.
Im pretty sure it has 0% sativa in there..I grow it for my wife to help her sleep..it works the best so far!
It has many different looks..I think I may have changed it a little along the way (stress)..maybe even a couple variations..if that's possable...It Can get some pretty dang fat leaves some times..Always very bushy.. And until this year they were always short...Got a few big ones this year :)

SunGrown

SunGrown

harborside has carried a few different bubbas over the years, so I am not sure which u have. do you have a pic of the finished flower anywhere on here?

and yeah, some clones are known to throw different phenos, sensitive genetic expression triggers. It isn't super common though and a lot of people will tell you it is impossible from a clone.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
harborside has carried a few different bubbas over the years, so I am not sure which u have. do you have a pic of the finished flower anywhere on here?

and yeah, some clones are known to throw different phenos, sensitive genetic expression triggers. It isn't super common though and a lot of people will tell you it is impossible from a clone.

Good to know..Thanks..I think Mine has done that!

I have tons of Photos!..lol
bubbakush6_12-jpg.225172

Bubbakushplate6 12

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Last summers Bubba kush..
Bubbabed9 23

Yeah It does look like there is some sativa in there:confused:

SunGrown

SunGrown

beautiful flowers man! Thanks for sharing.

That winter bubba is sweet! Looks like my dawg I did over the winter! We must have similar climates, I get a real winter, but with even a basic greenhouse you can pull a descent yield.

On the bigger bubba pic, it does look more sativa than what I typically see. if the flowers have that bubba taste and effect and if you like your plant that is all that matters.

I may dig thru some real old pics if I can find them and show you a dwc bubba I did years ago. Leaves twice the size of my head, single leaf blades were the size of my hand!

Latest posts

Top Bottom