what could i expect from flowering with a metal halide ?

• Thread starter ATIK427
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

ATIK427

i recently aquired a 400 watt MH light i was wondering if it's possible to flower with that. i have a 70 watt hps light but i'm sure thats not enough for all of my plants can i flower with a MH?

G

Green Supreme

Yes you can, but remember what you get has as much to do with what you know as what you have. Hard for me to say what you will get from that, as I know nothing of your skills. One thing I will say is, something is better than nothing any day. Good luck. Peace GS

deacon1503

deacon1503

Don't forget that metal halide is just the process on how the bulb is lit, hps too, both just different techniques for creating light. What you should be concerned with is the kelvin rating. Most mh bulbs are 4k and up, the blue range. Lots of people flower with blue light and have excellent results. Hope all goes well for ya!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

DJ Short believes MH gives the plant more flavor and aroma. Texas Kid posted an article by him somewhere here on the Farm. I flowered some of his blueberry in a soil bed under a 400w MH. Flavor was excellent, but not sure it was the light.

R

robz

Never heard of it improving flavor but I've flowered under a mix of MH & HPS with excellent results.

A

ATIK427

wow thank you so much everyone. thats why i come here when i have questions everyone is so cool and i find it's always best to get a variety of opinions. you have all been very helpful thanks i will post pics when i can i dont have a cam right now

I

Inuit

It will be fine. MH bud will be a little less dense, so you lose a little weight per bud, but if grown well quality will be steller.

I've seen in more than once instance, plants really like the blue light. Often, if grown under both hps and mh in different areas the mh will win on aroma/taste/possibly potency. The HPS won't be far behind and will win on weight.

There is some evidence showing that the more uv in blue light increases cannabinoid content.

A

B

bigAl25

My first crop was grown under 400 watt MH only. Results were not that good. Second crop was 400 watt HPS and 400 watt MH together. I did have much better genetics:strawberry bubba kush(OGR), bubblelicious, AK48, no CO2, organic soil with fox farm nutes. The results were outstanding. Veg under MH only and now I will flower with both HPS and MH in the future.

F

FoCo

There is some evidence showing that the more uv in blue light increases cannabinoid content.

A

Some imaginary evidence. Blue light and uv are entirely different frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum(ie, blue light cannot and does not contain uv radiation).

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
But MH bulbs put out more UVA & UVB than HPS which will increase resin and THC production. I take the small loss in weight so my buds are tastier and stronger. I do have 1 HPS in my room and I can tell the difference and so can my friends in a blind taste test lol.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I just finished a Mh run. Now with those exact clones I'm doing an hps run. Will compare once done.

I will say though that the mh run. The flowers were very fragrant, tasty, and potent. Just smaller flowers

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Flowering with a veg spectrum light like mh will give less yield but it will be more potent and more stinky.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Problem is I have a 1k hps but need more lighting for the area I have them in I need more light but I do have 2 400 mh so I here you can mix them and get wonderful results

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Do you have pics?

Everything is in my grow log.

Here are some teasers @Nybadboy
Big bagseed1

SDXQ2

SDXQ2 2

the rrock

the rrock

Ive used MH bulbs with great results in flowering stage,although most so called experts recommend HPS

Top Bottom