What could it be? Identification help please!

• Thread starter Fightorflight01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fightorflight01

Fightorflight01

I am using a mix of FFOF and FFHF for soil. The soil ph is 6.5 and the water going in is at 7. This girl is 6 weeks into veg and was doing great until a week ago when it slowed significantly and started developing these spots. I have added calmag to my water incase it was a calcium issue, but that didn't stop it. I noticed I have some fungus gnats as well, so I have treated with DE and a 4:1 hydrogen peroxide solution to kill off any larva. I am not using liquid fertilizers, but it was topped with alfalfa meal and kelp meal 2 weeks ago and barley a week ago. The tops have definitely slowed their growth and instead it is putting out new growth like mad, but the new leaves are not symmetrical and have strange proportions. She's mad right now and I'm honestly not sure why. Any help would be great!

What could it be identification help please
What could it be identification help please 2
What could it be identification help please 3
What could it be identification help please 4
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Calcium can also be locked out by too much N and a few other factors. Sometimes an excess of one thing shows up as a deficiency of another. That fox farm stuff is hot...go easy.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Definitely looks like calcium deficiency. Could be a lack of or it could also be a low soil Ph locking the nutrient out. Fox Farm soils seem to be a fairly low Ph when you look at the run-off. Do you check the Ph of the food going in or the run-off? @Grownsince95 is right about Fox Farm soil being pretty hot out of the bag.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Looks like a calcium deficiency... dam a ph of 7 seems a little high also. Thought for soil 6.5 was the range you wanted but I'm using N.O.G soil and nutes so it may just be the brand I'm using

Fightorflight01

Fightorflight01

Thanks for all the responses guys! I am checking the ph of both the soil and the water. The soil ph is 6.5 and has been getting the same water with a ph of 7 the entire grow. I'm pretty confident based on the number of times I've tested it that PH isn't the issue. Im a newbie so I'm just trying to soak up all the info I can get. From my reading I was under the impression good soil acts as a PH buffer and water at 7 shouldn't be an issue as long as the soil PH itself is remaining in the 6.5 range, which it has. If the FF soils were going to cause issues from being too hot, wouldn't those have appeared way before this point? It had been growing happily with no issues for 5 weeks. For my next go around I'm going to be going with living soil to simplify things, but would love to get this one back on track, was going to flip the lights for flower this past weekend, but definitely didn't want to start flower with that going on.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Even though they looked happy for 5 weeks, the damage could have started weeks ago. As @TripsRabbit mentioned, these issues usually start long before they show themselves. Give them some cal/mag and lets see how well they recover.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I have some fungus gnats as well, so I have treated with DE and a 4:1 hydrogen peroxide solution to kill off any larva. I am

Is the peroxide you are using store bought 3% or food grade dilute? Store bought has a carcinogenic stabilizer in it...lol....many dont know this....buy food grade 35%!!! Dilute 69 parts water to 1 part peroxide....giving you .5% that will kill the larvae

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Likely overwatered (watered too often) a bit and eventually you get deficiencies. Almost always calcium first. Sometimes mag first.

What is the ec (ppm) of the runoff?

Top Bottom