• Thread starter migmen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

migmen

Hi guys. Help me out please.
What could this be ?

Soil ph is around 6.8
Using a mix of coco, soil, wormcastings and pre-mix from biobizz.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It could be a lot of things, from overwatering to underfeeding. Your pH is a bit high, but I don't think that's the reason for this.

BeardedGuyGrows

BeardedGuyGrows

It could be a lot of things, from overwatering to underfeeding. Your pH is a bit high, but I don't think that's the reason for this.
ph shouldnt be to much of an issue here. its an organic grow so hes right in range. might be but i doubt it.....mine dont give problems unlesss waaay out 1-3 points high or low doesnt do to bad...not like that lol.

Last edited:
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I dont think its ph. What is your water quality like? Have you had then dry out too much?

H

hawkman

Hi guys. Help me out please.
What could this be ?

Soil ph is around 6.8
Using a mix of coco, soil, wormcastings and pre-mix from biobizz.
may times some leaf yellowing ,ect can be normal - from what you have indicated - no worries generally yellowing is confined to your lower leaves (caused by nutrient splash, nutrient issues or enviromental) consier no changes yet in your feeding program -

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm not saying that "this is the problem," because it's not something I've experienced. I grow in soil. I don't use coco ... but I've heard many times from growers that soil and coco don't mix well together and that you should use one or the other and not the 2 mixed together. I'm sharing this based on what I've heard and not personal experience so take it for what its worth.

The very brown, dead, but still moist looking leaves in the picture suggests to me that it's a watering issue ...

BeardedGuyGrows

BeardedGuyGrows

I'm not saying that "this is the problem," because it's not something I've experienced. I grow in soil. I don't use coco ... but I've heard many times from growers that soil and coco don't mix well together and that you should use one or the other and not the 2 mixed together. I'm sharing this based on what I've heard and not personal experience so take it for what its worth.

The very brown, dead, but still moist looking leaves in the picture suggests to me that it's a watering issue ...
Like underwater? Soil does look dry af.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Like underwater? Soil does look dry af.
Yes, on top it does ... what is it like in the root zone though? I use one of these to avoid guessing:
Moisture Meter

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah look like chronic underwatering to me… how much and how often are you watering?

Is your probe pushed to the very bottom by chance?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah look like chronic underwatering to me… how much and how often are you watering?

Is your probe pushed to the very bottom by chance?
That's my probe, lol ... but the question is valid. Probe measurements should be taken in multiple placements above the "water table." I measure about 1/3 from the bottom and upwards to about 1/2 way to the bottom of the planter. I want to have an idea of the moisture content in that whole zone and not just one area of the pot. I try to water between a reading of 2 and 3 on that particular probe.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's my probe, lol ... but the question is valid. Probe measurements should be taken in multiple placements above the "water table." I measure about 1/3 from the bottom and upwards to about 1/2 way to the bottom of the planter. I want to have an idea of the moisture content in that whole zone and not just one area of the pot. I try to water between a reading of 2 and 3 on that particular probe.
Haha you know you been in to many threads when….

Top Bottom