What curing method do you recommend?

• Thread starter sspitfire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sspitfire

sspitfire

I read a few methods online but they describe different stets. And I also used the search option here but I couldnt find anything thats explained well enough. So my question is : what are the steps after the buds are done hanging dry? To put them in a jar or in a paper bag? And for how long? Thanks.

sspitfire

sspitfire

Ok so the buds are in jars right now but its been over 10 hours and I dont see any sign of moisture in the jar? Does that mean I overdried them hanging ? they were hanging for 10 days.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

how do the buds feel? are the stems still a bit bendy or dry and snapping?

there is a thread on a couple sites called "a perfect cure every time". google it and use it until you are comfortable with the process.

M

mastergreen

10 days is a pretty long time hang drying I usually hang dry 3-5 days depending on temps. Then put them in paper bags no more then 4 inches high to prevent mold/ mildew smells/ taste whatever. Imo I prefer dry weed

Bannacis

Bannacis

It depends on the size and density of your buds, if they are fairly big it will take longer to dry, and its best that they be dryer than wetter.
this is after they have dried to a slightly crispy feeling, stems kinda snap.

I put mine in the plastic grocery type bag first, i noticed the more buds together the better they cure.
so plastic bag,
then place the bag into a paper grocery bag. do not roll up plastic bag,leave it open or roll it down some so when you place it the paper bag,it sits on bottom. then roll your paper bag, not down to the plastic bag, but just enough to leave a pocket of air in bag. you want to leave some space.

put in a dark room, not too warm,more on cool side...ie closet.
at first leave it for a few hours, then open it up...the very first thing you should do (when opening any drying/curing buds) is to smell it, it should smell fresh, flowery, or fruity... but if it smells grassy or pissy(unless you have the Cat piss strain) then the buds too wet. sometimes the smell will go neutral and seem not to smell at all, thats ok. the smell changes through out the cure. Open your bags and turn your buds,so that they can cure uniformly.

Using the bag curing system is easy, if you go straight to jars, and your buds a little wet. You cure could be ruined very quickly. the bags let it slow cure.

This works the best for me. and if your buds do have moister in them, the bags will save you.
if you smell wetness of any kind, take em out and put them on a screen to dry more or leave bag open.
good luck.

...keeper green

Top Bottom