What Deficiency Is This?

• Thread starter Thelight413
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thelight413

Thelight413

Hey everyone,
have made a few posts on here in reference to my canna coco feed, I have a few pics below of my veg growth and while its not awful, the leaves are not flat and 100% healthy and I would like to hear some quality suggestions of how to dial it in, Im assuming some sort of Calmg def but I could be wrong, the "Poofiness" of each part of the leaves makes me thing mg def but I've been trying out multiple different feeds and getting similar results.

I'm on week 3 of veg and I feed:
Add calimagic to Tapwater until EC reaches .4 (My tap water is around .1 EC so very soft)
7ml/gal A+B Canna Coco nutes (.9 EC worth)
7-8 ml/gal Rhyzotonic
Total EC 1.3
PH 5.8-6.2

def_1.jpg

def_2.jpg

Def_3.jpg

Def_4.jpg

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I don't see much wrong. Not particularly fond of cali-magic as the calcium in it is in carbonate form so it is not readable available.

Thelight413

Thelight413

No offense Midwest Toker but there is certainly something wrong here, the leaves are tacoing minorly, the color is off as well as the texture of the leaf, growth is good but not how it should look, petioles are streaking purple also.
Here is an example of a healthy leaf
healthy_marijuana_leaf.jpg

hiboy

hiboy

What is your humidity at. I would recommend flushing your soil and check your run off. Baby plants don't need a hell of a lot to look okay
HB.

Thelight413

Thelight413

I do not have a humidity reader setup in my veg, temps are 75-80, A week ago (7 days from these pics) I had to do a flush because I wasn't getting enough runoff and once i finally did, EC was at like 2.8 or something ridiculous so i flushed and now runoff is at .9-1.1 EC

Tnelz

Tnelz

By your pics I'd say up your base and stop feeding cal mag. Buy a cal product and a mag product and feed them separately. I'd have to agree with the above poster they don't look very far off. Up ur base a bit make sure ur getting enough runoff. Salt buildup alone can make ur plants look like shit. Invest in some slf 100. Great stuff and almost eliminates any salt build up. A thousand times better than drip clean. I can feed my coco plants and get barely any runoff and still be fine.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

What have you feed them after the flush, and what did you flush with? It's not unusual after a good flushing for plants to show a slight overwatering issue.
Have you grown in coco before? Are you using canna coir also?

Thelight413

Thelight413

What have you feed them after the flush, and what did you flush with? It's not unusual after a good flushing for plants to show a slight overwatering issue.
Have you grown in coco before? Are you using canna coir also?
this is my second round in coco, and I am using canna coir...I had similar issues last time with a different strain and I was also using calimagic, I actually was just looking at some pictures from my last grow and the problem looks pretty identical, feel a little stupid, heres a pic
Ywnfm_T0.jpg

and here's a pic of my current round earlier in veg growth which I thought was not enough nutes because of the leafs pattern so I upped my feed to what is listed above.
02x_LRx_O.jpg

Thelight413

Thelight413

also, what are your thoughts on my tap water EC being so low and dropping cal mag, should the increase in base nutes make up for the soft water?

DrFever

DrFever

look like bright yellowing on new lea growth ???? if so iron def but now you got everything back in order as in EC obiously your ph must of been out to wack let it go for a week or so with out doing anything drastic

Tnelz

Tnelz

also, what are your thoughts on my tap water EC being so low and dropping cal mag, should the increase in base nutes make up for the soft water?
You shouldn't drop cal mag. You should drop calimagic with canna and Imo cal mag as a product. Add calcium when ur girls need it add mag when ur girls need it. U will notice a big difference. I did any way. By increasing your base nutrient u are also increasing your cal and mag. What is the ppm of your tap? Out of the tap my ppms are 80 to 97 depending on the time of year. I'm running canna nutrients on a couple plants right now at 8.5 mls per gallon and every couple of waters I add demeters destiny which is a straigh calcium product. Once in a blue I'll hit them with some Epsom but that's included in my foliar anyway. For the record I do use a cal mag product when pre charging my coco. It's from raw nutrients but it's calnit so a bit more available than calcarb.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Canna coco is pre buffered so you shouldnt need cal mag except maybe once or twice before flower or into the stretch.
Calcium enhances nitrogen uptake so what you have is most likely the beginning of n tox brought on by calimagic every watering on buffered coco. Or, magnesium toxicity from the same, or a bit of both.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Agree on the buffer but I've used their coco a million times and never has the buffer been even close to enough cal to get me through a grow. Makes it so the pre charge isn't necessary but I still would. I def wouldn't forgo calcium but to each his own. Respect.

DrFever

DrFever

last time i looked magnesium def starts at the bottom of plant and works its way up as for N toxcity i do not see clawing or brown tips or even dark green leafs ..
but grower has noted purpling of stems which could very well be Mag def
but i personally think with the high EC and having a ph i would bet in the 4- 5's has caused most of the issues
Locking the plant up i bet in a weeks time the plant will be kicking it again

Tnelz

Tnelz

last time i looked magnesium def starts at the bottom of plant and works its way up as for N toxcity i do not see clawing or brown tips or even dark green leafs ..
but grower has noted purpling of stems which could very well be Mag def
but i personally think with the high EC and having a ph i would bet in the 4- 5's has caused most of the issues
Locking the plant up i bet in a weeks time the plant will be kicking it again
Totally agree. Def not an n issue. I believe the high ec or salt build up in the medium was the biggest issue.

Thelight413

Thelight413

Totally agree. Def not an n issue. I believe the high ec or salt build up in the medium was the biggest issue.
I think the salt buildup certainly through them for a loop, here are some pics of bigger older leafs, one leaf i remember started deficient as you can see and then I think I got to the salt buildup and overfed them which is why its such a dark green? maybe so maybe not, but the greenest picture is of some new growth that looks pretty good

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4105.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4108_1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom