• Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Seed: Neville Haze
Seed to harvest: 132 days
Veg: 2 months
3 7 gallon pots in fox farms soil.
Two viparspectra 450Watt LED lights.
After all this time and waiting and I only end up with 7oz! I was expecting at least a pound, so I’m pretty disappointed. I thought the plants looked nice and big too... idk how to fix this I had the same yield with 5 autos in my last grow! I did the scrog method and topped 3 times. Could it be too much topping? PH is fine, the light schedual messed up once from a power outage in flowering... Would I be better off not doing scrog next time? I really don’t get what I did. Any help is much appreciated. Here’s some pics of the grow too,

What did i do wrong only yielded 7oz
What did i do wrong only yielded 7oz 2
What did i do wrong only yielded 7oz 3
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like you did alright. There’s always room for improvement but I don’t think you’re too far off. There’s a limit on what you can do in any given amount of space.

If you want more yield, grow bigger plants.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Your harvest may be all this strain is capable of giving you aside from more lighting.What are you basing your 1 elbow expectations on. Just random hoping?? or have you seen this strain in similar enviros produce elbows.??

And like others mentioned the bigger the root zone and longer veg times is where you get the treezzzz.

Don't get discouraged, some folks don't even make it to harvest at all. Count your blessings for the 7 you got!!!!

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

But what’s messed up is these seeds were under “highest yielding strains” so they were suppose to give me way more. Do you think I’d be better off trying 6-8 smaller plants?

Fangthane

Fangthane

Don't get discouraged, some folks don't even make it to harvest at all. Count your blessings for the 7 you got!!!!
^^This. On some level, I think I came into growing more or less expecting to fail. Maybe that's why I was stupidly happy with my first harvest, which is probably about half of what you ended up with. Shit. I'll probably go full-retard with excitement the first time I manage to get 7oz at once.

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Thanks for the replies. Yea I understand it’s not bad for the space or light I got. But my last grow was auto flowers and with almost half the amount of time it took to do these ones I got the same yield. I just thought doing photos, scrog, and buying another light I would get more yield.

Fangthane

Fangthane

and buying another light
Growing seems to be one of the kinda problems where throwing money at it can actually help a good bit. Maybe instead of using multiple lower-end lights, investing a single higher-end light source would be a good start. I still have to use some blurple LEDs, but I actively want to completely do away with that color as soon as it's financially possible.

NJPBG

NJPBG

Those viparspectra lights, advertise at 450 watts but are really only 200 Watts with both switches on. Did you have the veg and flower switches both on? If you only had the flower switches on then it’s even less... like 100 watts per light.

What size tent are you running?

More plants in smaller pots will definitely cut down on your veg time.

How big is your tent?

All things considered 7oz ain’t a terrible harvest. Nevs is some fire smoke too. Hopefully you have some other girls vegging in another tent and ready to go!

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

It’s a 36x36x72 grow tent. Yea both switches were on since veg. I was always under the impression that LED’s were the best to use for growing.

Fangthane

Fangthane

I was always under the impression that LED’s were the best to use for growing.
I think they're a great option, especially if you can afford good ones. The $100 blurple LEDs will grow you some bud if you're on a tight budget, but the consensus seems to be that full-spectrum, white light is where you want to be. If you want to stick with LED and can afford to invest a bit more in your setup, you may want to look into CREE COBs or HLG Quantum Boards.

NJPBG

NJPBG

It’s a 36x36x72 grow tent. Yea both switches were on since veg. I was always under the impression that LED’s were the best to use for growing.

7oz in a 3x3 tent ain’t bad bro. Did you defoliate a good amount under the screen? Did you veg in the same tent? A little more training and getting the tops through the screen a little more would’ve done you a bit better. Just chalk it up to experience, the next one will be better! Do you have another tent to start stuff out in so you don’t have to completely start from scratch every time? Or did you take any cuts of the plants you’ve grown out?

NJPBG

NJPBG

I think they're a great option, especially if you can afford good ones. The $100 blurple LEDs will grow you some bud if you're on a tight budget, but the consensus seems to be that full-spectrum, white light is where you want to be. If you want to stick with LED and can afford to invest a bit more in your setup, you may want to look into CREE COBs or HLG Quantum Boards.

Agreed, check out cobs strips and boards, a bit more bang for your buck when it comes to LEDs.. get off a couple of those Os and get yourself a bigger tent for flower and a quantum board setup, keep your vipars and 3x3 tent for veg, get a perpetual going

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Agreed, check out cobs strips and boards, a bit more bang for your buck when it comes to LEDs.. get off a couple of those Os and get yourself a bigger tent for flower and a quantum board setup, keep your vipars and 3x3 tent for veg, get a perpetual going
Before switching to White Light (HLG and knockoffs) I sold off my cheap Meizhi Burples that grew good weed..I did keep a Unit Farm Burple (high end w./Cree diodes) and I am glad I did..The burple imparts something that the other lights do not..I have no idea what, but the taste seems to differ. (there is another tent that only has HLGs). I also run a few different spectrums mixed in.

Top Bottom