What Did I Do Wrong? Only Yielded 7oz

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NJPBG

NJPBG

Before switching to White Light (HLG and knockoffs) I sold off my cheap Meizhi Burples that grew good weed..I did keep a Unit Farm Burple (high end w./Cree diodes) and I am glad I did..The burple imparts something that the other lights do not..I have no idea what, but the taste seems to differ. (there is another tent that only has HLGs). I also run a few different spectrums mixed in.

Glad to hear your experience bro.. I’m in the middle of my quantum board build. I was gifted a 2000w blurple- (400 watt actual) the route I’m going is blurple in the center and 4 qb132 boards in the corners of a 5x5... only problem is the blurple needs to be much further away from the canopy than the boards, gonna need to find the sweet spot.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Glad to hear your experience bro.. I’m in the middle of my quantum board build. I was gifted a 2000w blurple- (400 watt actual) the route I’m going is blurple in the center and 4 qb132 boards in the corners of a 5x5... only problem is the blurple needs to be much further away from the canopy than the boards, gonna need to find the sweet spot.
I have 4 lights in a 3x3 flower tent (2QB132's - 2700k, 1x Unit Farm burple, and a Nextlight Mini (older style). The bar in the picture above is a DIY far red Initiator. I was gonna build fixtures, but just like you said.....I kept them all separate and on their own hangers. That way I can tailor the height to what the individual plants need.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Thanks for the replies. Yea I understand it’s not bad for the space or light I got. But my last grow was auto flowers and with almost half the amount of time it took to do these ones I got the same yield. I just thought doing photos, scrog, and buying another light I would get more yield.
Autos aren’t a fair comparison. I mean it’s not apples to oranges but different ball game. Autos are for outside IMO.
Ya done good man... while I do admire how hard on yourself you are, you got damn close to a gram per watt, sweet brethren, with the actual wattage of those units being poopoo. I can t imagine the numbers you’d hit with a 630 cmh or cobs or boards or a good ol sodium. 630 cmh is perfec in a 5x5

Madmax

Madmax

Everytime you top slows down growth.maybe try topping once then lst..i think 2 months is ample time to grow plant to reasonable size in veg..id get a slightly bigger tent.you got to think how big a plant has to get to get a pound off it.id try 4 plants with a more intense light what has been mentioned.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

I looked up your lights, and they claim 200 watts each at the wall. That's 400 watts. You got a yield of .5g per watt. That's not stellar, but it's not horrible. Yield is largely a function of light. More good light = more yield. Guys using quantums and COB's are getting a gram a watt or more pretty easily. Guys with HID struggle to get above .75g per watt, though someone will likely chime in with exceptional yields. Get you some bigger lights, and th yield will increase. You also have room for improvement in your technique. That canopy is pretty small and sparse, IMO, and the plants aren't as vigorous as they could be. Growing is a combination of stuff, and you have to get it all right to excel. But to start, if you want more grams, you start with more light.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I looked up your lights, and they claim 200 watts each at the wall. That's 400 watts. You got a yield of .5g per watt. That's not stellar, but it's not horrible. Yield is largely a function of light. More good light = more yield. Guys using quantums and COB's are getting a gram a watt or more pretty easily. Guys with HID struggle to get above .75g per watt, though someone will likely chime in with exceptional yields. Get you some bigger lights, and th yield will increase. You also have room for improvement in your technique. That canopy is pretty small and sparse, IMO, and the plants aren't as vigorous as they could be. Growing is a combination of stuff, and you have to get it all right to excel. But to start, if you want more grams, you start with more light.

I’m going to be a bit over 2 lbs with 600w of quantum boards. Average is around 2, haven’t checked via scale as drying continues but over 2 this time for sure. Lights bro it’s all about your lights

Monster762

Monster762

The buds look pretty nice idk how that’s adding to 7 oz. it straight out looks like more in the pic. You triple check that scale. I just chopped 3/4 of my 4x4 scrog n it looks like it’s gonna weight at 9 oz which is less than I hoped but about what I expected. But seriously your colas look bigger than mine. But you are pretty spread not a wall.
First are your expectations based on other people’s claims? Cause people are full of chit when it comes to weight.

I’m calling it. All the 2gs a watt n all. I ran 550w led n wall to wall packed a 4x4 n it’s gonna total around 12 oz.so where is even 550g.
people please stop weighing the pots with the plants it throws people’s expectations too high n makes them disappointed when they’re actually doing just as good as you. They just ain’t lying about thier weight at the end.

I honestly think it looks like more than 7oz but chit is light when it’s actually dry. People be full of chit man. That’s the reality. You did good. Bud looks fire. Over a few runs you’ll get to know the strain n get yield up a bit but it’s not gonna just double cause you buy a $1000 light instead of a $100 light. I’m running qbs. And cobs. And purple. Just stay real it’s better that way. You got 7 oz probably some good bud. No one else beat it down you know from the ground up what it is n been through.

I don’t know anywheres all these broken scales fly at that keep claiming pounds on pounds in 4x4s this is true weight roughly 12oz total when dry

Along with the 2# claims people please post pics of the 2-1/2 ft colas consistently needed across every sq inch of the 4x4 to get those 2# put em next to a measuring tape so they’re legit you would need over 250% of this in this same space Calling all fake weight
013EC2DD CEF2 4518 B124 E310D3A745EF
4261181B CCBB 4420 A53D AAC735CDC51D
95274FA1 BD9F 4026 A97B D3C3F905C1BE
874158D6 DB8E 41AC 96AB AD183912E107

E0BE5BE5 E476 4D3D 934B 71BF68D45E91
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Just one thing I have to chime in about as predicted lol.. yes without added c02 and hydro, .8 gpw is about tops with hps (with c02 and hydro I’ve seen damn near 4 lbs per 1000 w hps mind you. (Not me I can’t do that shit no way lol.. @1diesel1 is verging on that rank with his ol gavitas) but, one can’t just group all HID s together these days. Folks hit gpw numbers close to the LED gangsters with ceramic metal halide. Just giving my opinion.. I don’t really have a horse in that race, because I’m using hps at this time, but I will be setting up with cmh and cobs combo for flower and qb s for veg most likely. I see advantages to each.
Has anyone recommended to the OP to get some c02 or more fresh air blastin. Lighting is key, but plants can’t even use much light without some good ass airflow. Hydro is another options to get more weight if that’s your primary focus. Coco is easy, ebb and flow is fairly simple. I’m personally a bit intimidated by dwc and aeroponics but that’s the real shit right there if you want some weight. Air tho man.. air

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

The buds look pretty nice idk how that’s adding to 7 oz. it straight out looks like more in the pic. You triple check that scale. I just chopped 3/4 of my 4x4 scrog n it looks like it’s gonna weight at 9 oz which is less than I hoped but about what I expected. But seriously your colas look bigger than mine. But you are pretty spread not a wall.
First are your expectations based on other people’s claims? Cause people are full of chit when it comes to weight.

I’m calling it. All the 2gs a watt n all. I ran 550w led n wall to wall packed a 4x4 n it’s gonna total around 12 oz.so where is even 550g.
people please stop weighing the pots with the plants it throws people’s expectations too high n makes them disappointed when they’re actually doing just as good as you. They just ain’t lying about thier weight at the end.

I honestly think it looks like more than 7oz but chit is light when it’s actually dry. People be full of chit man. That’s the reality. You did good. Bud looks fire. Over a few runs you’ll get to know the strain n get yield up a bit but it’s not gonna just double cause you buy a $1000 light instead of a $100 light. I’m running qbs. And cobs. And purple. Just stay real it’s better that way. You got 7 oz probably some good bud. No one else beat it down you know from the ground up what it is n been through.

I don’t know anywheres all these broken scales fly at that keep claiming pounds on pounds in 4x4s this is true weight roughly 12oz total when dry

Along with the 2# claims people please post pics of the 2-1/2 ft colas consistently needed across every sq inch of the 4x4 to get those 2# put em next to a measuring tape so they’re legit you would need over 250% of this in this same space Calling all fake weight View attachment 854241View attachment 854242View attachment 854243View attachment 854244
Well said. Gpw measurement is kind of dumb anyways. Like buddy gets 1.8 gpw but vegged for six months lol. Someone with .7 “gpw” but short veg could outproduce that guy annually.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Well said. Gpw measurement is kind of dumb anyways. Like buddy gets 1.8 gpw but vegged for six months lol. Someone with .7 “gpw” but short veg could outproduce that guy annually.
I always liked the g/kwh (grams per kilowatt hr.) measurement. Cuz you gotta factor in heating, or cooling and humidifiers/dehumidifier. Cuz your gram per watt don't mean shit, if, hypothetically, you gotta spend a fortune on AC to cool your tent cuz your lights are hot.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Along with the 2# claims people please post pics of the 2-1/2 ft colas consistently needed across every sq inch of the 4x4 to get those 2# put em next to a measuring tape so they’re legit you would need over 250% of this in this same space Calling all fake weight View attachment 854241View attachment 854242View attachment 854243View attachment 854244

Did you just call me full of shit? Cause I’m sorry you can’t get those results, but I am. I run long veg times to build my structure. Two things aside from proper feeding. Lights and training. That’s how you increase your yield.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I get 2lbs or more off of 12” colas. My last two plants had 67 and 53. Say what you want but to those of us that spend the time to get these results (120 day veg) we are laughing at you right now. I do this running 9 qb132. I have consistent results like this. Stop telling people what they can’t do, and start putting the time to achieve what you clearly don’t understand. Not sorry for the animosity, you want to call bs best have your facts straight

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Here’s a pic before

That’s a cute popcorn forest. My are maybe 12-14 inches tall and make yours look like toothpicks. That’s how 2gs a watt is achieved

8A89D691 66EA 438E 9835 A1F19EA253A5
Seraphine

Seraphine

Seed: Neville Haze
Seed to harvest: 132 days
Veg: 2 months
3 7 gallon pots in fox farms soil.
Two viparspectra 450Watt LED lights.
After all this time and waiting and I only end up with 7oz! I was expecting at least a pound, so I’m pretty disappointed. I thought the plants looked nice and big too... idk how to fix this I had the same yield with 5 autos in my last grow! I did the scrog method and topped 3 times. Could it be too much topping? PH is fine, the light schedual messed up once from a power outage in flowering... Would I be better off not doing scrog next time? I really don’t get what I did. Any help is much appreciated. Here’s some pics of the grow too,

That’s not too bad! But I understand your disappointment because I think we have all been there before. I really don’t like scrog because I like to move my plants around. Try mainlining and tying the branches down to expose all bud sites. You wind up with very uniform buds. It’s pretty simple but you’ll need to add an extra week or two for them to recover since they get a pretty serious prune to get them mainlined. Add some more lights too and consider finding a plant with genetics that will yield more.

Good job though!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I couldn’t keep these standing with the net. With the double cut (tops then canopy level) it also increases my yield. I typically only have about a week spread and that helps me control drying and curing. These are the best pots I have ever run.
air pruning is badazz. I am seeing what all the hype is about thru your grow. Thanks for posting that.

Top Bottom