what do do with old, tired mothers

• Thread starter sk2004
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sk2004

Just wondering in general if its worth growing out. Balancing energy usage * space vs yield. Almost thinking drop them outside cept too cold. Could clone the crap out of them, but takes a while to root n again the space thing. On the other hand, seems kinda a waste to throw on the bonfire. Any thoughts?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if they are truly tired best to just take your last cuts and chop em

I put moms outside every year but they are never more then 4 -5 months old and I dont take tons of clones so they do pretty well

but if the stems are snappy and she has lost her zazz just let her go

S

sk2004

Kinda old n woody n nasty. Had her outside for a while but gettn cold here. Over a year old, been rough here this summer in unconditioned spaces, but have a couple c2 (one in soil, other dwc) n a tray full of rooted cuttings. Didn't want to let them go until had something else, but then kinda a waste. Almost don't want to let her go, maybe sentimental value, but then will free up some space

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lol hold your breath say a prayer and snap!

hiboy

hiboy

lol poor mama
transplant to bigger pot,
and flower that bitch if ya can
give her some juice ,, shes wanting u to give it to her
lool
h

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

With my room size, keeping moms for that long is just not an option. I flower them out every few months, and start new ones. I have averaged a P each on them indoors under a 1k. Go moms!

-TF

S

sk2004

chop n on the bonfire stack. cept for one that managed to find space in the back corner. if it gets bad for space, can always toss later

purpleberry

purpleberry

I never keep moms around more than 6-8 months, I have new ones started to replace them. I also dont waste flowering space on a mom, I prefer to mono crop with all the same size plants, and I start with extras and ditch the weekest. Some dont like to kill plants, I see it as a way to max yield.

frenetic

frenetic

yea i made some friends cringe the other day when i threw out about 30 healthy rooted clones and about 10 teens that were a little over a foot. But like purpleberry said its a way to maximize yields and in my case have a perfectly even canopy. If i need 10 clones i will take 40 and pick the best of the best.

But i'm not going to hold onto 30 rooted clones and screw up my plant numbers. Ive sold them to dispensaries before but its not worth it for me to load up my car with plants to make 50$... with this method every plant i have is extremely healthy..ive never had a runt

if i was you take what you need off the mother and toss it. Only flower champions. unless you have extra room in your garden. I like all my plants to look identical

Top Bottom