What do I do with this plant. It’s a mess

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

I tried training this plant. It’s an absolute mess. I am NEVER doing this style ever again.

I think I just bent the main stem on a 90 and trained it from there. I should of done more trimming.

it’s WAY behind the other 3 and an absolute pain in the ass to do anything on

any tips or suggestions please?

CF89

CF89

Here it is beside it’s sisters. I think it always was a runt. But still. The LST seems to be really slowing its progress and not worth it so far

these other two have been topped.... like a lot. And they’re huge and bushy and doing great.

The ones I’ve been doing LST to are slow and messy and shitty and tangled and small

CF89

CF89

Start to let it do it think mate mainlining madness .

and stop holding it down? I want it to be more spread out and horizontal. Right now if they all went vertical straight up it seems it would be a tight mess and not even cover the whole pot?

At what point in mainlining or super cropping do you stop training them?

growsince79

growsince79

and stop holding it down? I want it to be more spread out and horizontal. Right now if they all went vertical straight up it seems it would be a tight mess and not even cover the whole pot?

At what point in mainlining or super cropping do you stop training them?
How about now. Give em another week of veg and flip to 12-12

CF89

CF89

So I was too aggressive and eager on the training? It seems to be slowly coming along though. I’m scared if I unpin it it will end up weird and deformed.

only 4 weeks veg? They seem young and small to be flowered. But what do I know haha.
Last grow was 2 month veg and we got 3.5 oz per llant

Madmax

Madmax

Id let it come up then spead the branches out.if you keep pegging them you will have that many tops you wont know wherevto put em...ideally you nead a net positioned above it then you can train more.you cant do it in the pot.you can but only so much.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Crazy training a plant like that hurts your yields unless you veg them for a long time or you are using really low powdered lights. You only really need to do that if you are in something like a cabinet and have a really low ceiling height. Most people let them go more vert and then use a trellis, stakes, and/or tie the branches down to spread them out while topping them to promote branching once they grow out a little. The strat you are using most people will untie it so they will still start growing up once they spread out. Remember you can have too many tops which can also kill your yield and give you a bunch of larf based on the plant size and age.

The other option is add a couple more plants with less veg time and avoid doing all of this unless plant count is a concern.

CF89

CF89

damn. well thats good to know! this grow is number 2 and I was going to experiment with 4 different training techniques... looks like I know which not to use on the next grow. live and learn I guess.

too many tops is also a concern... Ive got a plant that I topped like 4 times. then each new shoot that comes out gets topped, then I top their new shoots, and their new shoots get topped too. so ive turned 1 into 8 in a few spots......

Top Bottom