what do i need to do? I know nothig about electricity.

• Thread starter pacificdunes74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pacificdunes74

pacificdunes74

what do i need to do? Breaker flips on me everytime.

I have a 13X16 room that has 3 1000 watt HPS ballasts running and a few fans and two timers . I have to run extension cords out of the room due to even with one ballast anmd one fan my breaker flkips off, What is it I need to be able run everything on one powewr strip . I want to add 2 more 1000 watt lights and 2 ezcloners and a set of 8 T5 lights in a walk in to veg in that closet. So what do i need to do to run all the equipment I want in one room. I also am rebuilding and adding all the new Advanced Nutes equipment . So 6 sets of Badass ballasts with the melon head refelctors in 1000 watt , Ice flow, Maximizer and a canfan 125 filter with a total of 6 Badass blowers running in 10". I also will have several ocilating fans.:animbong: I added the bong cause those things are way cool. So anyone in the know let me know what I need.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Your gonna need a lot of work. If you know nothing about electricity then an electrician is a must. Your gonna need a 50amp 240v power supply run to the room. A lot of the double oven hook ups etc have 50amps. Hot tub hook ups also usually need 50amps and use a special cord. A 50amp timer box can be used to run your lights and your fans etc. I think you will also need a 20amp 120v with a GFI receptacle made for 20amps to run some constant stuff and veg lights. This can be done so many ways depending on how your house is etc...If this doesn't make sense then an electrician is a must. Overloading circuits is very dangerous. Good luck.

Good Luck

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Pacific, I gotta agree with Malachi. There is no way your going to be able to run all that off one breaker. You will have to install a sub panel with a few breakers in it. If you have no experience with electrical work you should definately get someone who is qualified to do this. Good luck.

L

Loudblunts

If you have a dryer most light boxes will plug into that:

http://www.powerboxinc.com/

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lost again.

aka

yea what Lost said

even though its relatively 'easy' to rig you up a box, its better to just buy premade if you dont know anything.

sometimes ya gotta pay the premium

H

Hogdady

If your location is a permanent one, an electrician and a bag of money...

If your location is not permanent, the Powerbox is a good choice that you can take with you. You should still have an electrician look things over...oh, and a bag of money

Top Bottom