What do I need to do to keep the plant short???

• Thread starter mandrax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mandrax

I have low ceiling and i need to keep the plant short rather than grow tall. Do i need to pinch it or cut the main stem or use a nutrient to keep it from growing tall?

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
This is one way

Do some research on the farm, search the general growing and advanced technics sections. youll find alotta stuff.

COnfu...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
best thing to do is try and figure out how much your strain<s> is gonna stretch after you flip it to flower and turn back accordingly

if you have an OG figure it will grow 2-3x height from the time you flip - a slow vegging pure indica wont stretch much at all

scrogging/topping and supplements like phospaload or bushmaster can help

there are many tricks but some of them can come back to bite an inexperienced grower

if you havent gotten seeds/clones yet I say your best bet is to grow some nice indicas

how low you talking?

M

MTgrower

Tora Bora from Reserva Privada is an awesome Indica strain.

More blue light in the mix perhaps?

S

swisscheese

Smaller container and less veg time. You forgot to mention some important details like what height you're working with, what strains you're trying to keep short etc.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
bushaster is a pgr AND STOPS ALL VERTICAL GROWTH...

phosphaload does the exact same thing - though if you use it at the strength and frequency the bottle suggest it will severly fuck up your quality

H

Horticulture420

Uturn is a pgr available in Australia. It contains pactlobutrazol 4g/l and is used primarily to stunt the height growth of plants and all the plants energy goes into producing flowers. Once your plants reach desired height you can spray them with uturn 10ml per litre of water in spray bottle and mist plants until runoff. This is most effective at the time of turning the lights to 12/12 to induce flowering. The plants will gain very little if no height growth at all and the plant will produce a nice heavy yield. The plants will also show much faster signs of flower production using this product.

C

cannabull

LST it

I grow in a space under the stairs that is extremely vertically limited. Ceiling is about 5' but after I hang my hood there is roughly 3 feet between ground and bottom of the light. Using 3 gallon pots I vegged for three weeks and LST'd by wrapping around the outside of the pot. Here is a recent shot of one getting close to harvest.
http://i.invalid.com/2VQGGl.jpg

O

organicfreak

Has 2 free diy recippe to make these popular store bought pgr's

1 will stop height and induce fllower
2. will boost your flower.. compared to flowerdragon and previosly others...

Here's his site talking shit about the flowerdragon and explaing how industry hides these pgrs...
another example CANNA BOOST main ingriedient that they dont disclose is Triacontanol..
lol you can buy this for 20 bucks for 5grams!!!!!
DONT BE THE NUTE/HYDRO COMPANY'S BITCH... lol diy IMHO

o

1satyr

Like Horticulture420 says. most of the products contain Paclobutrazol, which you should care a bit about, if you are gonna smoke the end product.

I have used before and it stops vertical growth, and leaves you with ugly plants, that yields tight heavy nugs. Not bigger but heavier and denser than without.

I don't like using Paclobutrazol, and I would strongly advise peeps not to use it, as it releases lots of carcinogens when burned, supposedly.

I you have height issues, you need to learn to control and manipulate the plants growth.

Hell, they almost don't care if they are vertical or horisontal. Tie them down, use a net, supercrop them.

Top Bottom