what do i need to growing in coco coir

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

if i wanted to start using coco for a medium is this all i would need other the pots and things like that
1. coco coir
2. perlite
3 hydro nutrients
also would the p.h be different

euphoria526

euphoria526

Botanicare coco
Perlite
Mix %70 coco to %30 perlite and Jacks 321 after the first week, should start growing like a rocket and that’s all you need to start
The ph for coco should generally be between 5.8-6.2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have some info here that should answer most of your questions.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I have some info here that should answer most of your questions.

aqua man in that right up where it talks about how much to water where it gets to 5 gallon 1 liter and 1 -200 ml of run off right now im using pro mix premium moisture control and im in 5 gallon pots it takes about 1.5 gallons to start getting runoff but if that was 5 gallons of coco i would only need less then a half gallon ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

aqua man in that right up where it talks about how much to water where it gets to 5 gallon 1 liter and 1 -200 ml of run off right now im using pro mix premium moisture control and im in 5 gallon pots it takes about 1.5 gallons to start getting runoff but if that was 5 gallons of coco i would only need less then a half gallon ?
Yes in high ferigation we keep the coco much more saturated. Watering more often with less. That is if you do 5gal coco with 50% perlite.

You cannot water this way in soil....bit coco is not soil

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Yes in high ferigation we keep the coco much more saturated. Watering more often with less. That is if you do 5gal coco with 50% perlite.

You cannot water this way in soil....bit coco is not soil
so like now i mix 7 gallons at a time for 7 plants like every 2 or 3 days , if this was coco i would only need to mix up 2 or 3 gallons every day for 7 plants

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so like now i mix 7 gallons at a time for 7 plants like every 2 or 3 days , if this was coco i would only need to mix up 2 or 3 gallons every day for 7 plants
Yeah kinda. You water as often as needed to get the runoff. If you give you 1.25 litres and get 10% of that as runoff your good. If you get no run off then you need to add a watering.

Madmax

Madmax

I was running 4-6 litres daily in 5 gals but only watering once .plants age was 5-6 week veg..sometimes 4 litres wasnt enough and seems i was only running through that amount i started getting salt buildup and had to run like 30 -35% runoff to keep it in check every watering.very wastefull.in 4 gals now in spring but not real warm giving them 3 lites a day with 500ml runoff.when it does ill have to split the feed and water twice as in summer they were drying out hence salt buildup ..i couldnt do 2 waterings ..i gotta get it automated lol..

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I was running 4-6 litres daily in 5 gals but only watering once .plants age was 5-6 week veg..sometimes 4 litres wasnt enough and seems i was only running through that amount i started getting salt buildup and had to run like 30 -35% runoff to keep it in check every watering.very wastefull.in 4 gals now in spring but not real warm giving them 3 lites a day with 500ml runoff.when it does ill have to split the feed and water twice as in summer they were drying out hence salt buildup ..i couldnt do 2 waterings ..i gotta get it automated lol..
same here max , i definatly need the automatic watering set up . hand watering 3 times a day is way to much work - especially now lockdowns over for me

Madmax

Madmax

You can get away with 1 but will just have to run heaps through like i mentioned..your enviroment plays a big role,,

Top Bottom