What do people pay to lease a grow site?

• Thread starter Powder2burn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Powder2burn

Powder2burn

I would like to know what is a fair price people will pay to lease a grow site?

I have a site prepared with soil, water to grow bed. and a lot of sun.

Powder2burn

tj Wise

tj Wise

How legal, how secure, how far from town, and what about the rabbits and bugs and so on?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I would like to know what is a fair price people will pay to lease a grow site?

I have a site prepared with soil, water to grow bed. and a lot of sun.

Powder2burn
how much are you paying?

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

I am not paying for a lease. I bought property, for my garden. With the idea I could have space for 2 more gardens or a total of 72 / 12 cards. But what I am asking what is a fair price to ask. In the past 3 years I paid 15k per year to grow on property with No water, but did have power. I did not feel I was ripped off, I was glad to pay and my past grow crew has taken over and paying for this season and will pay 20k next after well is dug. I have Power, Water, and a barn to drying in.

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

well what is legal? by state law legal. off a paved road, secure. now for rabbits I do not know. get a gun.. lol Bug are you saying there is bug free property? really... lol get some neems oil an a fly swatter.

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I was paying 200 a month for an acre and a quarter of bare property with a well. No power other than my own gen. Get a lease and grow on whatever property you want.

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

so panda you would be willing to let me stay on your property and grow 24 and you supply water for 200 per month?

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Hell yeah come on over. If your serious I can hook you up with my old property.

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

Thanks for the offer Panda, but I am set for this year. I am just trying to get find out what a grow site is worth to people in general.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Power2burn,Just because someone wants to grow on a property is not some magic equation that allows you to charge 5 or 10 times more like it used to be when things were illegal and essentially you were paying the landowner hush money.Your property is worth the standard going rate nothing more nothing less,look around your area for similar properties and see what the going rate is and you will have your answer.

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

the only places I see for lease are running 3.5k to 4k per card. But I have been told a lot of people rent for 200 or 300 PM. a wide spread. what is the real fair price? I can't even rent a RV spot for 200 to 300 PM

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Im assuming when you say 3.5-4k per card your talking about a year?If so thats pretty close to 300 a month right?both of those sound fair to me.

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

yes 3.5/ 4k is about equal to 300 PM if we are talking per card so 4 cards would be 300 x 12 x 4 or 14.4k for the year. but I think I'm hearing people say they are growing as many as they wish for 300 pm. and that pretty low for a land owner to take a risk. IMO

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

As a property owner myself let me just say Every Time you rent something you assume alot of liability,If you cant deal with that dont get in the game,no risk no reward right?Why dont you just blow it up yourself?Sounds to me like you are too scared to do that but you are looking to get the most amount of money out of your property while assuming no risk yourself and i dont beleive thats possible or everyone would be doing it right?Be fair,dont try to be greedy and talk to a lawyer so you fully understand your liability.

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

fishwhistler
The point of the thread WAS "What do people pay to lease a grow site?" I am growing on my land, I have 10 + Acers . so I laid out 2 more gardens for a total of 12 cards to be used. I have not leased the land as I do not really want to lease until I know what is fair to all.

What do you mean blow it up myself. Why am I called greedy I have not even stated what I would lease it for. all I have asked is what is fair. so I can make a better choice.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
You will need to talk with the tenant as what is fair will vary from person to person realistically. Go with local value and what you have to offer them as some growers will pay more than others since they may have varying skill sets and harvest goals....What other people pay in another state isn't gonna help your as a comp...

jaredman

jaredman

sounds like you got all the necessary things i would charge in the 15 t0 20 grand for the year range if i were you. lots of places try and get that much with only half of the amenities. I pay like 3200 a month but it has nice house security system fenced and inside and outside gardens. it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay though. i would pay 15 grand maybe more depending on location and sun and everything. especially if you were down with a light dep greenhouse on your property :)

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

My property has full fencing, and cross fencing, a creek with water rights and 2 wells, a old dairy barn, and other out buildings. No house to use but lots of RV space in the shade. and a lot of sun. I am not greedy just looking for what is fair, and I would like a good relationship.

zeke

zeke

East or west of the cascades? North or south of the 45th parallel? East of the cascades gets 12 times the yield easy, property is also generally cheaper. PUD or PGE? I'm paying 5cents per kilowatt hr at my local PUD. Is your barn insulated? October is cold... Are you single and give good back rubs?

Latest posts

Top Bottom