What do people pay to lease a grow site?

• Thread starter Powder2burn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Powder2burn

Powder2burn

Southern Oregon east of Cascades, Pacific power, an no insulation in barn. I don't do backs. and prefer single

zeke

zeke

Front rubs are sometimes more highly valued anyway. Sounds like you got an awesome set up. With a modest sized green house you guys should get three or four pounders with the right strain. Only problem I see is it's getting late in the season and anyone not yet set up probably is a flake and or is afflicted with some sort of personality disorder and probably wouldn't be the best tenant. What if a potential tenant stops by and just checks it out? Then doubles back and skins your site in October? Unless you got a few dogs, MP5k or attack trained lama I'd just get myself a golf cart and start stacking cards. It's always better to just get a well paid professional trim crew on site for cash. Now you can insulate that barn with $100s and blow that shit out all winter.

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

I not interested in indoor anymore.. and my site is good but way late for some to come in now

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I sent a link to this thread to a fishing buddy of mine who lives in klamath falls but owns a shit ton of acreage he has bought up over the years between there and bend and hes shocked anyone would pay 15-20k a year to lease/rent a little piece of unimproved property with water on it.Hes going to speak to his lawyer about legality,hes not a grower himself but he has nothing against it.

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

I would not say my property is unimproved, nor do I want 15 / 20 k per say.

As my place has power, water fencing, and pre made grow beds and soil.

also has several buildings to use, and mowers tractors with loader an rototiller. working composts piles. water piped to grow beds, pumps for delivery of water or teas. all of this is on my dollar.

My I thought was to create a farmer CO-OP . In a co-op you put something in to get something out. Most people I talk to want to come grow for free, or pay 200 or 300 for the season. I still like the CO-OP idea and will pursue it more next season

G

Greenfire

I would not say my property is unimproved, nor do I want 15 / 20 k per say.

As my place has power, water fencing, and pre made grow beds and soil.

also has several buildings to use, and mowers tractors with loader an rototiller. working composts piles. water piped to grow beds, pumps for delivery of water or teas. all of this is on my dollar.

My I thought was to create a farmer CO-OP . In a co-op you put something in to get something out. Most people I talk to want to come grow for free, or pay 200 or 300 for the season. I still like the CO-OP idea and will pursue it more next season
I am interested and live in Klamath Falls

K

kolah

Why take the risk? It will be YOU that takes all the heat should the hammer come down.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

End Of Thread???? I would like to see how this goes (Grows)!!

frebo

frebo

OMMP changed the rules this year dropping the number of plants ON ONE PROPERTY to 48 from 96. I have friends with mountain top property leasing to growers. One got $25,000 up front and five pounds at harvest. The other gets $35,000 or 20% of the crop whichever is more at harvest. I am in Southern Oregon within the Emerald Triangle.
I took a little camping trip in the Applegate Valley over the weekend. I was amazed at all grow fences. They are 200 to 300 feet square and 8 to 10 feet high. Jackson county has made a law prohibiting grows on Rural Residential land. It must be Woodland Resource or Exclusive Farm. The city of Medford has set a four plant max per property until November when they will have a vote on whether to allow any growing at all.
With only two OMMP PATIENTS CARDS I have to report on line to the OMMP how much dry useable flowers I have, how many plants I am growing, how much marijuana I gave to patients or sold to a dispensary and how many SEEDS I have every month by the 10th of the month. If you are an OMMP patient and you are growing for ONLY yourself you do not have to report to the state. You may grow your six OMMP plants plus four recreational plants per property. Next year I will do that.

Last edited:
grayarea

grayarea

$35,000 or 20% of the crop whichever is more at harvest.

Which person gets to control the pricing ?

@ 1400 it takes 25lbs. which makes 125 the minimum. So if they get 126 then they take the crop option and if they get 124 they take over 20%? seems like a bad deal waiting to happen either way.

frebo

frebo

The property owner decides. These will be four to five pound plants to help your math.

grayarea

grayarea

that creates a 2 vs 1 scenario for all the people involved. which is kinda dangerous. if its just the grower and buyer its 1 vs 1 which most people can comfortably deal with. when its property owners and growers its 2 vs 1 for the buyer and 2 vs 1 if its the buyers and growers vs the property owners wanting to hold out for a higher ticket.

usually which ever person runs out of money first will take the lower ticket faster then the person who still has money to wait for a higher price and that can come from either the grower or property owners making a single decision on any given day. its avoidable but more likely to happen at some point then to never happen.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

I say forget about leasing or renting come up with a good business plan and run with it Own up and be owner even though you lease not stopping owner putting place up for sale then what ??? the dreaded call someone is coming over to look at the land or take soil samples or ?
someone coming over to re zone then your screwed , buy own place no hunting and tresspassing and life is good
Faarm
IMG4030

grayarea

grayarea

someone coming over to re zone then your screwed

if the person you sell to buys by quality then all the climate zones better then yours get put in line in front of you. if they buy by quantity then its whoever gets in line first gets a better price usually. weather can re zone you same way people can lol.

isolation still seems to be to winning over climates. getting re zoned to live in isolated places just to grow kinda sux.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

if the person you sell to buys by quality then all the climate zones better then yours get put in line in front of you. if they buy by quantity then its whoever gets in line first gets a better price usually. weather can re zone you same way people can lol.

isolation still seems to be to winning over climates. getting re zoned to live in isolated places just to grow kinda sux.

If you thought neighbors were quick to complain about loud music and barking dogs, wait until you start raising bees, chickens or goats in your back yard. If you’ve failed to do your due diligence before buying a home and property to farm, you’re going to be in for a lot of headaches. On the other hand, if you have dreams of living in the country without the smells, sounds and culture of farm life make sure you know what you’re getting into as well

It is possible to find property where you can peacefully co-exist with neighbors and have livestock and a huge garden, or not
You should be familiar with farmland in general, as well as things like soil types or makeup, and water rights. This is more critical in the West where senior water rights holders, water certificates and irrigation is more critical

Agricultural or “Ag Zoning,” refers to designations made by local jurisdictions that are intended to protect farmland and farming activities from incompatible non-farm uses. Usually designated as “A-1” land or zoning, the purpose of the zoning is to conserve and protect open land uses, foster orderly growth in rural areas and prevent urban agricultural land use conflicts.

Find out what the land’s tax status is. Exclusive farm use can put you into a much lower tax bracket, unless the current owner stopped farming it and lost the farm tax status. Check with the county tax assessor before you buy so you know what you’re buying.
Is your land in a Flood zone ??? there is a shit load of stuff a person needs to find out before just taking a plunge into thinking your going to just by some acres and farm it or even grow weed
Is there schools near by ??? churches etc this all will have you growing weed illegally if you have a card or not

grayarea

grayarea

If you thought neighbors were quick to complain about loud music and barking dogs, wait until you start raising bees, chickens or goats in your back yard. If you’ve failed to do your due diligence before buying a home and property to farm, you’re going to be in for a lot of headaches. On the other hand, if you have dreams of living in the country without the smells, sounds and culture of farm life make sure you know what you’re getting into as well

It is possible to find property where you can peacefully co-exist with neighbors and have livestock and a huge garden, or not
You should be familiar with farmland in general, as well as things like soil types or makeup, and water rights. This is more critical in the West where senior water rights holders, water certificates and irrigation is more critical

Agricultural or “Ag Zoning,” refers to designations made by local jurisdictions that are intended to protect farmland and farming activities from incompatible non-farm uses. Usually designated as “A-1” land or zoning, the purpose of the zoning is to conserve and protect open land uses, foster orderly growth in rural areas and prevent urban agricultural land use conflicts.

Find out what the land’s tax status is. Exclusive farm use can put you into a much lower tax bracket, unless the current owner stopped farming it and lost the farm tax status. Check with the county tax assessor before you buy so you know what you’re buying.
Is your land in a Flood zone ??? there is a shit load of stuff a person needs to find out before just taking a plunge into thinking your going to just by some acres and farm it or even grow weed
Is there schools near by ??? churches etc this all will have you growing weed illegally if you have a card or not

yea im not so into those games. im more into what og smells the best. the price change is too extreme with cannabis for most of the stuff you are talking about to be applied. works with fruit and vegetables or animals. why would you say "even grow weed" ? typically they don't put schools or churches off of dirt roads in the mountains which is where most cannabis is grown.

Top Bottom