What do you consider "day 1"?

• Thread starter PuffTheMagic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PuffTheMagic

PuffTheMagic

I started my first grow on September 1, placed 16 seeds into ice cub trays and let them soak for until the 4th at which point all the seeds were showing their tap roots, some of which were a few cm long. I put them into rapid rooters. The next day I noticed most had pushed the seed above the soil. Sorta worried my rooters were too damp I put the rooters into small biodegrade plant bags with a little coco to help wick away some of the water in the rooters. All of the seeds had their cotyledons showing at this point. Fast forward to today. My plants all look pretty healthy but they are still pretty short. I am hoping they are short because I have a good light above them (Spider Farmer 4000, full power at @ 30") and they don't need to stretch at all but I really am not positive. Temps have been in the mid to high 80s, humidity probably on the low side but I am working on getting that up. When I watch early germination and seedling growth videos most peoples plants seem to be way taller/larger by end of week 1. I guess my main question is what should I be using as "day 1" so that I can have fair/consistent comparisons with other grows. Is "day 1" when the seeds first enter the water, when I planted the germinated seed, when the cotyledons show? Attached is a pic of what they look like today Sept 8th. Today would be day 8 if I used the day they entered water as day 1, would be day 3 of veg if I use cotyledons as day 1. I know I am probably over thinking this

What do you consider day 1
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I started my first grow on September 1, placed 16 seeds into ice cub trays and let them soak for until the 4th at which point all the seeds were showing their tap roots, some of which were a few cm long. I put them into rapid rooters. The next day I noticed most had pushed the seed above the soil. Sorta worried my rooters were too damp I put the rooters into small biodegrade plant bags with a little coco to help wick away some of the water in the rooters. All of the seeds had their cotyledons showing at this point. Fast forward to today. My plants all look pretty healthy but they are still pretty short. I am hoping they are short because I have a good light above them (Spider Farmer 4000, full power at @ 30") and they don't need to stretch at all but I really am not positive. Temps have been in the mid to high 80s, humidity probably on the low side but I am working on getting that up. When I watch early germination and seedling growth videos most peoples plants seem to be way taller/larger by end of week 1. I guess my main question is what should I be using as "day 1" so that I can have fair/consistent comparisons with other grows. Is "day 1" when the seeds first enter the water, when I planted the germinated seed, when the cotyledons show? Attached is a pic of what they look like today Sept 8th. Today would be day 8 if I used the day they entered water as day 1, would be day 3 of veg if I use cotyledons as day 1. I know I am probably over thinking this
I use first 24 hours starting at midnight (roughly) with cotyledons fully open. But I literally just picked that after overthinking it like you.

Top Bottom