What Do You Do To Keep Your Rooms "green"

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Its in my new room new year thread @Conften1 . Pretty simple to setup up. Uv filter, water pump, tote/res and timer. Have recycle water go into tote and uv filter on timer to drain into main res as needed or before recycle rez fills. Get a nice pump

ill check ur thread out again,
is that uv light submerged in the water of jus shining ontop of it. if so how deep can the uv steralization penertrate the water level to trully be effective? Thnx

confu

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

We have that puny one that runs 24-7 on the tote but the bigger one isnt pictured. I will try and show a pic of one. Go to a fish store and look at models youll need one thats 150-250$ and peep the gph etc.to.see whats best for you @Confuten1

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Hey @Seamaiden , as you already know, it ISNOT feasable to run a grow opp with SOLAR Panels. I use to do marketing for a large residential Solar company in Cali and when growers found out what i did they would always tell me they wanted solar for their grow and i had to explain to them that it ISNOT a feasible option do to cost of installation/equipment even with rebates and incentives.
Basically u would need to spend over 100k in solar to fully run a 6k room. nobody in their right mind would drop that kind of coinage upfront jus to save 1500-2000$ a month on electricity. Yea in the long run( 10-years), ull save money but in the short term most most people would take that 100k and blow out a 30K and make that 100k back in less than 6 months as apposed to 10+years.
confu

Holy Crap! I've always wondered what it would take to run a room with solar. I've often thought of setting solar up to cover my home electric and then slowly adding more and more. Unlikely to do it in my current location as I don't think this will be my "Forever Home".

waayne

waayne

@Confuten1 I asked the company that did the solar for my house,and they just laughed when I said I wanted 300 amps of service....Eventually the guy said to me,you're looking at about $400,000 in equipment. Needless to say I didn't look into it anymore after that.....

organix4207

organix4207

I recycle all my soil mixs , use local natural/organic renewable resources where I can. I think the biggest saving would be in electricity usage.
Unfortunately led not there yet for bloom anyways.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Coralife is the brand used here @Confuten1
CAM01132
en1

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

The ones I got are like this. Gonna have to reduce from 1/2" to 1/4".

Also just realized while getting stuff ready to take cuts. I used to buy the flimsy trays and inserts and toss them after they cracked. Then one day I happened across the Gro1 trays. They are about 4 times thicker.....haven't had to buy a new propagation tray in over a year now. I also started using the grodan gro-smart propagation insert. Haven't had to buy an insert since I picked up a few of those. I just scrub em down with some physan every time I need to take cuts.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Coralife is the brand used here @Confuten1 View attachment 491517 en1

The ones I got are like this. Gonna have to reduce from 1/2" to 1/4".
View attachment 491556

Also just realized while getting stuff ready to take cuts. I used to buy the flimsy trays and inserts and toss them after they cracked. Then one day I happened across the Gro1 trays. They are about 4 times thicker.....haven't had to buy a new propagation tray in over a year now. I also started using the grodan gro-smart propagation insert. Haven't had to buy an insert since I picked up a few of those. I just scrub em down with some physan every time I need to take cuts.

Coo, thnx guys

Confu

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Where I'm at in cali were on a tiered system as far as kw usage.With lets say an 8 light grow I'm reaching the top rate tier in 3-4 days, after that I'm paying around $o.44/kw hour.
That means that for roughly 27 days per month I'm making top tier rates on whatever power i can produce. So if I had an 8kw system installed that produces 8 kw hours per hour for 10 hours/day
$0.44 x 8 x 10 x 27= $950.40 in savings per month. After only a few years you can have a nice solar setup paid for and generating continued savings. Not to mention adding value to your homes.
Along with that warm fuzzy feeling you get knowing you're helping reduce your carbon footprint.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

So if I add zone then I'm all good?

Don't know enough about Zone to really say, but I would assume that it would kill anything that could potentially be in your dehuey or ac condensate water. I add lots of bene's to my coco....so I don't use zone or anything that would kill microbial life.

I'm also on well water.....so I use a UV on that, and once I get my rooms set up I will be running my dehuey water through one as well.

I ran dehuey water and ac condensate water for a couple of years without running through a UV and never had any problems.....I just felt like it was a good idea to stay safe so I invested in them.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Where I'm at in cali were on a tiered system as far as kw usage.With lets say an 8 light grow I'm reaching the top rate tier in 3-4 days, after that I'm paying around $o.44/kw hour.
That means that for roughly 27 days per month I'm making top tier rates on whatever power i can produce. So if I had an 8kw system installed that produces 8 kw hours per hour for 10 hours/day
$0.44 x 8 x 10 x 27= $950.40 in savings per month. After only a few years you can have a nice solar setup paid for and generating continued savings. Not to mention adding value to your homes.
Along with that warm fuzzy feeling you get knowing you're helping reduce your carbon footprint.
We're in a tiered area, too. PG&E doesn't give us those same rates they charge, let alone actually PAY us what they owe, which is several hundred dollars at leas at this point. Bastards.

B

billburr

Has anybody looked into using PV solar collectors in the grow room to run things like fans or off period heaters? Im sure there is CRAZY solar collection that could be collected from dead areas. I know more about the wet solar systems but not much about PV. does anyone know if this would work?

Latest posts

Top Bottom