What do you measure and mix nutes with?

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

Just curious what people use to measure and mix dry or liquid nutes. Do you just use measuring cups and spoons or do you have a special or secret tool or device?

How do you keep mess/waste at a minimum?

I'm sure some of us have different methods and we all might learn a better way.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I start with dry nutes (Jack's 3-2-1). From that I make stock solutions, which I dispense from 5 liter cartons with faucets on them into measuring cups.
Stock solutions

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'll add that I mix dry nutrients with soil in a quart jar and shake it up well. Then spread it out evenly on top of the soil in the pot. I use a hand rake to mix it in before watering it in.

orggrwr

orggrwr

I find syringes easier to use than cups and spoons. And with a long blunt tip it's easy to get to the bottom of containers when they get low. I work at an animal hospital so get the syringes free, that's another thing in there favor.

BB22

BB22

I’m growing in soil with Foxfarm liquid nutrients. I usually fill a 1 gallon jug about halfway and then use the shot glass, teaspoon measurer. I’ve read that It’s not good to let the different nutrients contact each other without being in water. I don’t fully understand it to be honest.

IMG 4051

Top Bottom