• Thread starter MTLEADER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

WHAT ONES TO TEST PLEASE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MTLEADER

MTLEADER

OK all this grow stuff now has my head spinning. I got to thinking what if I got a few tents and used the same strains in all tents but different "NUTS". One use fox farms starter kit one earth juice starter kit one with jack's and last maybe dyna grow or GH or AN. To see what I like but how much nuts would I need from start to end ? I can get clones for nothing easy now they would be purple Gelato. And all the tents would use the same equipment and I have 3 different ones I like

Mars Hydro TSL 2000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum+4'x2' Indoor Grow Tent Kit 320.99$

VIVOSUN VS LED Grow Light full spectrum w/ ventilation inline fan Grow Tent KIT 4'x2' 4" vent with carbon filter 255.98$

Spider Farmer 1000W LED Grow Light+70x70cm Grow Tent Kits Carbon Filter System 379.99$

all but the mars hydro are 1000w LED full spec. And soil would be Fox Farms Ocean Forest
my main question I guess would be has anyone here done this ? I'll try and put a video camera in each tent and do my best to keep track
of the progress but I will most likely post it all when the grow is complete. But will a starter kit go through a total grow ?

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Welcome to the FARM! 👍 😎

We use Spider Farmers, 2 X 1000 in the 2 X 4 tent and 2 X 2000 in the 4 X 4, which is the pits putting the corner frames in (atm as we are posting lol)! Good luck and Enjoy! 🙂

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

No I have only grown in a greenhouse outside mixed light. I want to grow indoors only, now cause my outdoor mixed light one went bad with my partner and all the plants died. This I will be doing on my own and I read a lot about how to do this. I know reading is not a replacement for experience but I'm one of though people that can read and then do it hands on. I expect it will not be all sunny days but I like a challenge . Numb would you care to elaborate on your post Y none ? And do you have any better ideas cause I'm here to learn and hopefully get better.

MasterUnvailed

MasterUnvailed

What medium will you be using? Or did I just miss that part (if so, apologies!)? For example, Floranova Bloom from seed to harvest has worked well for me in DWC, but if one were to use RDWC I would instead suggest to use the Flora Series Micro and Bloom in the ratios that Lucas Formula outlines as FNB can leave some residue that has the potential to eventually clog water lines and etc. If in DWC, soil, or a soilless medium like coco or perlite then I'd give straight Floranova Bloom a shot. I've I've heard great things about the Dyna series, as well as the Jack's nutrients but never used them myself. These are all just my own personal experiences though.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I'm not brave enough to do hydro grow yet ! So I will be using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil only because I have it already. I have to reuse my old soil. BTW do I need to flush out the old nuts from last use and if I do how do I do this ? And then add worm castings back to it correct or can I just use the Earth Dust stuff numb is talking about to revive the soil ? I'm a little on the fence about Jack's but I haven't used it. I was told it can make the buds taste like crap. But anything can if you don't flush it. Last grow I was helping some people and they grew a strain called WhiteGold and after curing it, smells like someone dumped there starbucks coffee into the buds hits harsh as hell too and they used AN line. Supposed to be the best nuts I guess for the price I think the plants should blow yer head off when you smoke but that strain wont lol the GG 4 I got will and it was grown with AN also but no coffee taste.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm not brave enough to do hydro grow yet ! So I will be using Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil only because I have it already. I have to reuse my old soil. BTW do I need to flush out the old nuts from last use and if I do how do I do this ? And then add worm castings back to it correct or can I just use the Earth Dust stuff numb is talking about to revive the soil ? I'm a little on the fence about Jack's but I haven't used it. I was told it can make the buds taste like crap. But anything can if you don't flush it. Last grow I was helping some people and they grew a strain called WhiteGold and after curing it, smells like someone dumped there starbucks coffee into the buds hits harsh as hell too and they used AN line. Supposed to be the best nuts I guess for the price I think the plants should blow yer head off when you smoke but that strain wont lol the GG 4 I got will and it was grown with AN also but no coffee taste.
flushing does NOTHING!
i lower my nutrients till the end but no flushing, and my weed is as smooth as silk.,
over doing it with nutrients and not drying and curing properly is what creates the bad taste/coughing.. etc.,
jacks is a good nutrient..

Moshmen

Moshmen

flushing does NOTHING!
i lower my nutrients till the end but no flushing, and my weed is as smooth as silk.,
over doing it with nutrients and not drying and curing properly is what creates the bad taste/coughing.. etc.,
I’ll add to this - fewer bottles is easier for a new guy , a balanced nutrient line can be easy- for instance I’ve used pure blend pro grow for the whole cycle with good success and super easy

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

flushing does NOTHING!

Never said it was bad Jacks i mean just stated what I was told. I have looked at the pictures of the plants that are posted here and the ones with jack's look nice as Fu$k. Lovely sugar crystals and healthy looking. Like I said I'm new to this and love to learn things so I can try to be or do my best at it. " If you do something be the best, or beat the best with a bat to be" So don't take offence to the comment about Jack's LOL. It seems to me that most of the people on here that have GROWS under there belt do use Jack's or Fox Farms. But like I said I want to see what will work best for me and where I live. It gets hot as hell here in summer and the wind will toss a dam car in winter, cannot grow outside in winter here. The plants will blow clean to Vegas. And with my greenhouse cannot run a electric heater in it to warm plants I use a generator for power to it so it is limited big time. I'm looking for good grow decent size buds and a good yield , Trying to keep it simple for the other half of me so she can take over when I have to go on the road. After I figure out the Nuts I want for a sizeable grow all of the watering and lighting will be on timers. So only need to mix nuts in water tank.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I used AN last run and grew some of the best tasting bud I've ever had (and I grew up on premium BC bud). I enjoyed AN but I think Floraflex and Athena are as good for cheaper.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This brand or that brand... It's 99% the same no matter which brand you choose.
I suggest not mixing brands. Because of the different mixes they use, you can over feed or under feed without knowing it.

Your poll asked which nute company is the best. I said none of them because I don't use them.
What I posted above uses no bottled nutes. That particular soil combination has been tested (by me) and I know it works.
All we do is water pretty much. The amendments we use are there to speed up the breakdown of the soil so that the plant can grow a bit faster. We run a 4 month schedule seed to harvest, and this mix gives us excellent plants with double the potency (smoke tested only) of the disp.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
This brand or that brand... It's 99% the same no matter which brand you choose.
I suggest not mixing brands. Because of the different mixes they use, you can over feed or under feed without knowing it.

Your poll asked which nute company is the best. I said none of them because I don't use them.
What I posted above uses no bottled nutes. That particular soil combination has been tested (by me) and I know it works.
All we do is water pretty much. The amendments we use are there to speed up the breakdown of the soil so that the plant can grow a bit faster. We run a 4 month schedule seed to harvest, and this mix gives us excellent plants with double the potency (smoke tested only) of the disp.
Thats quite intriguing 🤔 got me thinking.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

flushing does NOTHING!

Never said it was bad Jacks i mean just stated what I was told. I have looked at the pictures of the plants that are posted here and the ones with jack's look nice as Fu$k. Lovely sugar crystals and healthy looking. Like I said I'm new to this and love to learn things so I can try to be or do my best at it. " If you do something be the best, or beat the best with a bat to be" So don't take offence to the comment about Jack's LOL. It seems to me that most of the people on here that have GROWS under there belt do use Jack's or Fox Farms. But like I said I want to see what will work best for me and where I live. It gets hot as hell here in summer and the wind will toss a dam car in winter, cannot grow outside in winter here. The plants will blow clean to Vegas. And with my greenhouse cannot run a electric heater in it to warm plants I use a generator for power to it so it is limited big time. I'm looking for good grow decent size buds and a good yield , Trying to keep it simple for the other half of me so she can take over when I have to go on the road. After I figure out the Nuts I want for a sizeable grow all of the watering and lighting will be on timers. So only need to mix nuts in water tank.

I definitely agree, gotta keep it simple AND automated as much as possible, especially if She's taking over for you while you're away from home, and she'll love you for it too...Good Luck to Both of Ya'z!👍😎

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Shout out @MTLEADER....Just checking in on ya to see how you're doing with your "multi-grows"? Any updates and/or pics yet? 🤔 😎👍

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Sorry I will have pictures posted on Monday in my grow diary. Been working, helping a friend do his set up and doing mine, wait tell you see the sweet light I'll have in one of my 4 x 4 tents.

Top Bottom