What do YOU think is better, Organic or Synthetic? And Why?

• Thread starter THCMonster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
THCMonster

THCMonster

In your opinion what do you personally think is better? Organic or Synthetic nutrients? And Why?

Also what methods of growing do you think work best with your opinion? And what fo you consider to be Organic?

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!! šŸ˜Ž

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Bottled ā€œorganicā€ or natural based fertilizer is processed for easier uptake.

That said I got a better fuller flavor from botanicare pure blend pro than botanicare kind (which is chemical salt based rather than all natural based) in pro mix hp.

I tested that a while ago and had switched to ocean forest with pure blend pro. I had even better flavor (and flowers) but recently have had trouble getting freah dry OF so i have switched back to pro mix hp.

Still using pure blend pro so in a couple months i will know if the organic material in the base mix adds anything. I think it may be even because of the worm castings and seaweed in the fertilizer.

Kind still had seaweed added and tasted better than with a powdered nute i tried to me.

Thats all i lnow so far. :-)

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I'm an "organic" grower that won't use bottled nutrients because they almost always have a preservative. Usually, it's an acid (i.e phosphoric acid) and EDTA chelating stuff. I don't really know what I am talking here but I just avoid it and stick to soil amendments, teas, top-dressings,ect.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Bottled ā€œorganicā€ or natural based fertilizer is processed for easier uptake.

That said I got a better fuller flavor from botanicare pure blend pro than botanicare kind (which is chemical salt based rather than all natural based) in pro mix hp.

I tested that a while ago and had switched to ocean forest with pure blend pro. I had even better flavor (and flowers) but recently have had trouble getting freah dry OF so i have switched back to pro mix hp.

Still using pure blend pro so in a couple months i will know if the organic material in the base mix adds anything. I think it may be even because of the worm castings and seaweed in the fertilizer.

Kind still had seaweed added and tasted better than with a powdered nute i tried to me.

Thats all i lnow so far. :-)

Thats crazy i was under the impression that Pure Blend Grow/Bloom still had synthetics! Thats awesome that they dont.

I personally do a kelp fermentation and it is unmatched for bloom enhancer and natural root stimulant.

THCMonster

THCMonster

I'm an "organic" grower that won't use bottled nutrients because they almost always have a preservative. Usually, it's an acid (i.e phosphoric acid) and EDTA chelating stuff. I don't really know what I am talking here but I just avoid it and stick to soil amendments, teas, top-dressings,ect.

I personally use citric acid as a ph down instead of the normal ph down (phosphoric acid) from GH, Bluelab, Advanced.

People say its extremely weak acid, but i personally love it!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thats crazy i was under the impression that Pure Blend Grow/Bloom still had synthetics! Thats awesome that they dont.

I personally do a kelp fermentation and it is unmatched for bloom enhancer and natural root stimulant.

Also available micro nutes. And way more variety than our plant needs for proper growth. I have long thought the difference is in a full spectrum of nutrients vs only 16 elements in a chemical based fertilizer.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I'm a die hard canna user, but these days I only use A&B. They use refined minerals, taking out impurities, not adding.
I try to fortify my medium with organic materials, but minimal nutrient value. I want to supply my NPK+ through fertigation, and have everything else present in my substrate. It yields the cleanest herb I've ever made, and is exactly what i want to smoke.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Also available micro nutes. And way more variety than our plant needs for proper growth. I have long thought the difference is in a full spectrum of nutrients vs only 16 elements in a chemical based fertilizer.

This is very true!

THCMonster

THCMonster

I'm a die hard canna user, but these days I only use A&B. They use refined minerals, taking out impurities, not adding.
I try to fortify my medium with organic materials, but minimal nutrient value. I want to supply my NPK+ through fertigation, and have everything else present in my substrate. It yields the cleanest herb I've ever made, and is exactly what i want to smoke.

Canna is a beast! That is what i used before i switched to fermenting my own nutrients!

If you use COCO just be careful adding organic material, the more you add the more the COCO's chemical composition changes to something more like dirt. I just mean you wont be able to treat it like pure coco.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Ive always wanted to try an outdoor grow with seaweed from the Great Lakes!

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I personally use citric acid as a ph down instead of the normal ph down (phosphoric acid) from GH, Bluelab, Advanced.

People say its extremely weak acid, but i personally love it!
It seems like I seen a video and a guy said the citric acid kills the microbes too. I have seen so many damn articles and videos on my info hunt. I don't remember where it was. I keep reading you shouldn't have to worry about ph in your irrigation water with living soil. The microbes buffer it. IDK it was on the internet so it must be true! šŸ¤©

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Ive always wanted to try an outdoor grow with seaweed from the Great Lakes!
Do you use azomite? I bought some for my vegetable garden and brambles, well everything I am growing outside. I have read it is BS lol and I have read it is a hidden secret that many don't know about.

THCMonster

THCMonster

It seems like I seen a video and a guy said the citric acid kills the microbes too. I have seen so many damn articles and videos on my info hunt. I don't remember where it was. I keep reading you shouldn't have to worry about ph in your irrigation water with living soil. The microbes buffer it. IDK it was on the internet so it must be true! šŸ¤©

I can put your mind at ease because i tested microbial activity under a 2500x microscope and the phosphoric acid, citric acid and acetic acid (vinegar) dont do anything to the microbials. Vinegar was the best though because it breeds out yeast and bacteria if you use all natural vinegar (with the mother).

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Canna is a beast! That is what i used before i switched to fermenting my own nutrients!

If you use COCO just be careful adding organic material, the more you add the more the COCO's chemical composition changes to something more like dirt. I just mean you wont be able to treat it like pure coco.
I gotta go googling for compost or nutrient tea recipes. I have never used them. Lazy gardener lol

THCMonster

THCMonster

Do you use azomite? I bought some for my vegetable garden and brambles, well everything I am growing outside. I have read it is BS lol and I have read it is a hidden secret that many don't know about.

I never used azomite, but the commerical facility i work at stopped using it cause when we trialed it on a couple plants we failed lab tests for heavy metals. But it might have been the company we got the AZOMITE from.

THCMonster

THCMonster

I gotta go googling for compost or nutrient tea recipes. I have never used them. Lazy gardener lol

Teas are super simple to make, i would highly recommend learning the different teas you can make and the different microbial based teas.

Bacterial dominate teas
Fungal dominate teas
And balanced teas

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Teas are super simple to make, i would highly recommend learning the different teas you can make and the different microbial based teas.

Bacterial dominate teas
Fungal dominate teas
And balanced teas
Are there preferences for veg or flower or any other deciding factor to use one over the other. I ask because I haven't done any recent research yet. I looked into it a few years back.

THCMonster

THCMonster

I like some heavy metal...but not in my weed lol damn I hope it was your source!

Unfortunately i honestly cant remember the company, it was a while ago, but i know it was in a white bag with green strips going down each side of the bag.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Are there preferences for veg or flower or any other deciding factor to use one over the other. I ask because I haven't done any recent research yet. I looked into it a few years back.

Well it comes down to peference, but bacterial dominate is better for veg, fungal dominate is better for flower, but a balanced is the best all around personally, but its hard to make a balanced because molasses is peoples go to carb source, which breeds out bacteria dominate teas.

But it all depends on what you are looking for in your plants on what tea to create and use!

Top Bottom