What do you think of my grow room design?

• Thread starter CharacterZero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CharacterZero

do you see any flaws in this design? I am about to buy all this in the next few days. I cant wait to get started.

please look over it carefully.

the only thing i see that could be a problem, is that i am exhausting the air in the tent right back into the room. there i will be an ac in the room, though.

I could just exhaust everything to the attic so it wont be a hard fix really.

oh and by the way, those are tents. the first 1 is a dr150 for flowering. the second one on the right is a dr120 for veg

the line on the top represent the attic

and that is in my bedroom

Grow room design 4
B

bdawgburner

I wouldnt hang the can filter. I have the high output canfan and the filter that goes with it and it was way heavy in my dr120. I had it sitting on the floor outside the tent sucking exhaust through my light. temps stayed in high 70s with NO a/c. If you have one in the room I'm sure the temps would be fine and then you wouldnt have to cut a hole into the attic. The 120 will be great for veg, I ran 9 plants in 5 gallon buckets in it under a 1000 and loved it.

C

CharacterZero

i think the high output can fan does almost 400cfm maybe more, which is to much for that can 33 filter. the regular 6 inch can fan does 270cfm.

I was planning on putting a few boards across the top of the flowering tent so it can support more weight. especially for the filter.

P

pilot error

I'd say vent your cans into your attic as it would save on running your A/C so much (you're still drawing hot air from the tent) and save in electric too.

C

CharacterZero

yeah i have decided I am going to run the flowering tent exhaust to the attic as well.

i am keeping the veg tent how it is. it wont really get hot in the veg tent anyways, so it wouldn't hurt for that to exhaust in the bedroom.

what can filter and fan should i get to exhaust the dr150 (5x5x7) ? i was gonna go with can fan 6 270cfm with can 33 filter. any suggestions? will this work out okay?

B

bdawgburner

The HO 6 isnt too much for the filter. Im not sure if I have the 33 though. Its a little short fat guy. Works great. No heat, no smell. I've had it for a while too.

B

bdawgburner

The filter is 14 in x 13 in. It doesnt say on it which one I dont think.

C

CharacterZero

yeah i guess that is the can 33 filter. it is rated at only 200cfm and the can fan 6 HO is at around 400cfm i dont see how that works properly.

anyone else care to give an explanation?

B

bdawgburner

Yeah, it works great for me. I bought it as a package from the hydro store with the fan, flange, and filter.

C

CharacterZero

ive just never seen a combo package with the can fan 6 ho and the can filter 33. its always the can fan 6 and can filter 33.

C

CharacterZero

would this be a better design? can i please get lots of opinions? I am about to buy this in a couple of days now.

Thanks

Grow room design 5
purpleberry

purpleberry

That looks better to me, I would put the fan on the filter if you can. If not the fan might suck some air out of the room and odor would get out. Otherwise make sure the ducting is sealed good.

C

CharacterZero

im not sure what you mean.. could you explain it a little better?

how would odor get out. the only air being sucked out of the room is through the ducting which is attached to the carbon filter and the light in the tent.

S

Silica

He means if theres any gaps in the duct or seals/joins...Or if gaps develop later the air wont be filtered, as it sucks air from the outer room, not the tent (like if a hole/gap etc is made near the ducting lable on your diagram).

However if you have fan on the filter it will be direct and less chance of developing gaps.
If not just seal the duct well.

May i ask how noisy would this setup be?
Do you quieten it somehow or is it quiet already?

C

CharacterZero

yeah that is a good idea ill be sure to connect it to the filter. the only problem is, that is a lot of weight. light, fan, and those heavy ass can filters.

im not sure how noisy it is gonna be. I am gonna be buying all of this in a couple of days. so ill probly have it all set up in a couple weeks.

if i am not gonna put that fan on the filter, i will be sure to seal it all way. I am going to be using insulated ducting. and ill make sure its all on there pretty good. but yeah it will probly be a good idea to keep the fan in the tent or right outside of the tent at least.

i dont see how it would be to loud really. there is only 1 big fan running. the vortex fan's aren't to loud from what i hear.

thanks for all the help everyone i really appreciate it. without these communities around the web, i doubt i would do half as good.

K

Kushtard

What I did when I got all the fan and filter probs with my gear was just get an ozone generator and stick it in the exhaust. I works great. I have that blow outside after mixing with the room temp air and I run the air air at 70 degrees so it heats up to only 80 in the room at max hot days for my area. I am saving up for something better like an icebox or a room portabel air to just hook up in a way prob uniquie to my setup. But I am saying an ozone generator in your attic would be the best bet.

H

HitTheHazards

would this be a better design? can i please get lots of opinions? I am about to buy this in a couple of days now.

Thanks

Ya! The second of the designs makes a lot more sense physically, resourcefully/financially.
Beginning with the Veg chamber... I have a similar size setup (12 clones and 8 vegging). I have found that the smell from the veg room is not very pungent at all. This is because female marijuana plants smell most during the second stage of flowering, when tricome production is at it's peak. Vegging room will/should get nowhere near this tricome production. This is why I scrapped the idea of a carbon filter in the veg room. Maybe use a hepa or a simple dust filter should do the trick. I use Passive ventillation on the veg room all day! great results no smell.

Flowering room...
This setup looks fairly solid except (as stated before) hanging the carbon filter is risky business. If it were my design I would consider moving the filter to the floor of the attic just in front of the inline fan which is also in the attic. so it would go
light hood ----> vent ducting -----> through the attic floor ----> carbon filter (either laying or standing) -----> inline fan...

Other than those suggestions, I believe you have a solid setup and will soon be reaping abundant rewards ;-)

Hey, hey, hey, hey grow weed everyday!

C

CharacterZero

lol thanks for the suggestions!

i am going to re-enforce the top of the tent with some plywood or something. so it should be okay to hang with filter. it will only be the light ballast and filter. no ballast or anything like that. we will see how it all works out i guess.

still havn't bought the equipment yet. had to buy some shit for my car first. so in another week or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom