What do you topdress with?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Mogrow - do you have better results in 10g or 15g smarties? Do you add hygrozyme to your soil after rounds to break down roots faster?

Myco - I'm getting some from that website ASAP.

SM - I'll do both mix in and a light topdress with the gypsum and azomite, then.

ALL - At a Primus show, Les Claypool announced that his brother's business is.... a grow store.
So he encouraged everyone in the audience to shop there.
Figured you folks might appreciate that.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Mogrow - do you have better results in 10g or 15g smarties? Do you add hygrozyme to your soil after rounds to break down roots faster?

Myco - I'm getting some from that website ASAP.

SM - I'll do both mix in and a light topdress with the gypsum and azomite, then.

ALL - At a Primus show, Les Claypool announced that his brother's business is.... a grow store.
So he encouraged everyone in the audience to shop there.
Figured you folks might appreciate that.
brother Funk /// i think my micro herd is going full blast and does the eating. I keep my soil moist between rounds and that helps in the process.
oh and i get better results in the 10 gallon, cause i can move them around better and get a better look at the plants.
best grow bag i have are the 10 gallon tan geo pots.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Thanks Mo~ an acquaintance had the same experience, comparing 5s, 10s, and 15s.
The tens won.

neverbreak

neverbreak

Up to 2" for me in #5 smarties. It's typically not really all that high in N... All I know, is it works wonders. I usually buy it by the half-yard, so I have plenty of hand to topdress every lady in my gardens. EWC FTW.

cheers for the tip bro.

neverbreak

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

Fresh EWC (ie not dried and bagged) also contain worm eggs, so by topdressing with them, you'll be introducing beneficial worms into the pots. Double win!

Myco

Myco

cheers for the tip bro.

neverbreak
Cheers :)

Fresh EWC (ie not dried and bagged) also contain worm eggs, so by topdressing with them, you'll be introducing beneficial worms into the pots. Double win!
This is true... A time ago I tripped when I saw baby earthworms squiggling around at the bottoms of my smartpots... until I looked very closely and saw that they were baby worms! It was quite the sight... looked like my roots came alive... lol.

yellowhead

yellowhead

Good compost makes for an excellent topdressing. If you make it yourself, it will be jam packed with good microbes and a good nutrient profile.

Myco

Myco

Half-yard of worm shit, anyone? :D
Wormcastings

This is how I transport a half-yard of EWC, without any sort of pick-up truck lol. Soon I will empty those bags into Rubbermaid cans, not quite filled more than 3/4 of the way and not seal the lids. The idea is to allow some oxygen, yet you don't want them to dry out completely... So during the summer if they seem to be drying out, I'll spray a bit of dechlorinated water on them just to keep things moist and alive. Lots of life in there!

Support your local wormfarm... and topdress the shit out of your cannabis plants! Works great for veggies, too ;)

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

That's a shit ton of EWC Myco! How long does it take you to use all that? Does being sealed like that kill off the worms?

YS

Myco

Myco

That's a shit ton of EWC Myco! How long does it take you to use all that? Does being sealed like that kill off the worms?

YS
It'll probably last me 2... 3 cycles maybe? It's mainly to be used as a top dress/for teas and adding some back into the recycled soil, then I also mix Sunshine/EWC 50/50 to have a seedling mix on hand...

Like I mentioned in my post... I take it out of those bags and into 32gal cans. There's no worms in it, if so maybe a couple stray youngin's... just have to keep microbial life and beneficial bacteria alive. Keep in cool space and allow some access to fresh atmosphere :)

I think every grower should have a large supply of EWC on hand. It's like the all knowing, all curing, magical trove of beneficial microbe/bacterial slurry of goodness...

I did actually buy this load from a different source, but thankfully there's a lot of worm farmers in the PNW. I need to farm my own worms/castings...

Don't mean to hijack this thread though - for the sake of the OP, topdress with EWC!!! :)

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Myco - who do you score from if you don't mind my asking?

Also, I topdressed EWC / alfalfa meal / kelp meal / azomite / molasses and turbinado sugar....
... after xplant shock, and the soil running hot (I effed that up), lost 2 plants but all the rest made it and are now surging.

Roar

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

By score, I mean source your large volume of ewc?
I agree ewc = a main ingredient in any mix, and topdress on all my plants for the rest of time.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I too would love to find a consistent high quality worm farmer somewhat local- Agrowin has proven to be the highest quality EWC but shipping it makes it pretty pricey. I still say its the best bagged EWC you'll find- keep in mind- Bagged.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I topdress with Burberry, Fendi, and Armani lol j/k! I now use Seabird Guanos, either Sunleaves(12 - 11 - 2.5) 0r Guano Co.(13 -12 - 2) @1 tbsp a week or bi-weekly all the way till ....the latter comes in a powdered form that's easier for the microherd to break down!! I picked this tip up from Crazy Composer ....got 4.5 zips of Motorbreath from a 3 gallon pot during a root aphids infestation ....the RAs are against the ropes and I'm running some SFV and Motorbreath topdressing this way now.

here's a pic of the SFV @ 21 days (fed biweekly)

She's almost 35 days and I can tell she's gonna yield big for me!

Top Bottom