What do you use for your pH up/down needs?

• Thread starter PButter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Hey guys, I am about to pull the trigger on my first UC grow. I have been doing organic soil for quite some time and it occurred to me that the only thing that goes in the soil that I don't know about is the pH down. It doesn't take too much and hasn't really been a concern until thinking about when I need to pH down 100 gallons. I've come to terms with the ingredients of the nutrients I'll be using but I am wondering if any of you have resorted to using some other method or ingredient to get your pH where you want it.

Right now I use GH pH up/down.

You?

-PB

C

careinthezoo

Check out advanced up/down. Very concentrated. Only way to adjust large volumes over a 100 gallons.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Thanks guys, Ill look into advanced- maybe a more concentrated thing will do the trick. Any one else have something not so 'off the shelf'?

I guess what I mean is- in soil - I can use a vinegar and baked eggshell mixture to bump Calcium and drop pH. Any of you hydro gods out there know any old timers' solutions?

Thanks again guys- I'll probably just stick with GH or AN.

PB

sticky icky

sticky icky

Check out advanced up/down. Very concentrated. Only way to adjust large volumes over a 100 gallons.

Advanced is the way to go back in the day I use to use tons of gh phuck that adavanced all day ain't no comparison well said bro

ftwendy

ftwendy

The only product from AN I can honestly recc to anybody is the pH down... it is very strong, and very stable. Otherwise AN is garbage.

Canna Substra adjusted with AN phosphoric acid has always given me rock solid pH over time in my drain to waste setup.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Raw organic apple cider vinegar, plants love it at 5.5 to 6.0

sticky icky

sticky icky

The only product from AN I can honestly recc to anybody is the pH down... it is very strong, and very stable. Otherwise AN is garbage.

Canna Substra adjusted with AN phosphoric acid has always given me rock solid pH over time in my drain to waste setup.

Canna's line is a very very good been runnin it for along time,despite all the speculation about advanced I've have had some serious runs with there line as long as u watch your ppm's,I think they've deff rubbed some people in the industry the wrong way over time.....I deff agree Canna is a solid solid line....

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Thank all of you for the info... I think I'll toss my GH and get some AN down. I will probably also keep my eyes peeled for some raw organic apple cider vinegar see how that plays out as well.

PB

C

crossouttheiis

I was just about to chime in, but everyone else seems to have answered. I use an eye dropper to adjust a hundred gallons of water with AN it is the shit.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Jeez, an eye dropper for a hundred gallons!? Thats pretty bad-ass. Suffice to say I've been using quite a bit of product with the GH stuff.

PB

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Its not safe for him to use that strong shit if hes gonna be doing any adjustments to the system with plants in it. I use gh up and down and mix it into a 5 gallon bucket and add a tiny bit at a time until its all in there . You cant fry them plants quick
The gh shit last me a long time considering I dont need to adjust my system very often

C

crossouttheiis

Its not safe for him to use that strong shit if hes gonna be doing any adjustments to the system with plants in it. I use gh up and down and mix it into a 5 gallon bucket and add a tiny bit at a time until its all in there . You cant fry them plants quick
The gh shit last me a long time considering I dont need to adjust my system very often

good call... I do dilute it if I am adding it to the system. I only mix it directly in when i am pre mixing nutrients to add to my system not added to the epicenter. I have made that noob mistake before :)

vaporedout

vaporedout

braggs makes a good ACV, organic, and i use mad farmer ph up/down, seemed to last a while.

C

Cornelius

using roots organic ph down. seeming to work just fine. no where in my town carries AN so ill stick to what i know works for now....

Z

ZombieSlave

Raw organic apple cider vinegar, plants love it at 5.5 to 6.0

Is this a valid idea? I like it.
What would be the requirements for 100 gal? Im sure your talking about vinegar with the "mother" is what your talking about?

Thanks

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

I would be careful using an organic product like apple cider or the likes in the UC system.

A

areUkind

advanced PH down

if you end up using AN's PH down, be warned that it will pretty much ruin any kind of fabric it comes into contact like carpets and clothing. be very careful with this product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom