What do you use to clean down your vertical bare bulbs ?

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

I have a white buildup over my bare bulbs that I think has occurred because of the fog humidifiers from Mainlandmart.

What have you found best to clean the buildup on your bare bulbs ?

darkmatter

darkmatter

Windex?theres got to be a grow product being that there's 50 types of everything grow. Make some,like them packs you get a the barbecue place call them bulby wipes.

urbanfog

urbanfog

for my bulbs and my cooltubes /hoods I use a product called fog doc or fog doctor.....something like that. Its for paintball/airsoft/skiing etc. Web sight states antifog, anti static and anti dust. Once applied, my stuff seems to repel particulants and crap. wipe on spray on while cool, and wipe off , easy enough

alcohol/water work well too, just doesnt repel after so you may need to clean more often

UF

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
windex. works fine. or rubbing alcohol.

N

NWElite89

+1 Windex. I always make sure to use a soft cloth as well.

UC Quest

UC Quest

I tried Windex and it didn't cut it. Scraping my finger nail on it scrapped it off. I wonder if CLR would do the trick ???

med man

med man

Breeder
i been using microfibre. isopropyl or any for glass cleaner will work if its needed :-)

med-man

Papa

Papa

Supporter
what's the tds of the water you're using in the humidifiers?

UC Quest

UC Quest

I am using dechlorinated tap water. My ppm is 150.

I am using the fogger humidifier from Mainlandmart and it leaves a white powder behind.

Thanks for your help Papa.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ive been using a commercial glass cleaner called spray away by zep,home depot has it in the janitorial section but i run aawings so that may block some of it from sticking as bad.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
i believe the white powder you speak of are the salts from your tap water. try using r/o water and it should help.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks to everyone who have made suggestions to me :)

Your spots are calcium deposits being left by the water your fogger is spraying all over. Papa mentioned using RO water, but this is expensive until you're already running one.

Get a SWAMP COOLER. These work by evaporating water as air passes through a batting material. This evaporation action creates a cooling effect, hence the name. The fact that water is evaporating means that it leaves all of its solids behind, in the swamper instead of all over the walls, ceiling, floor, plants and of course bulbs.

And by the way, it cools while it adds humidity.

To clean the bulb, use CLR or another calcium remove, then windex. Replace your fogger first.

Last edited:
UC Quest

UC Quest

Thanks tyystick for the info. I am kind of stuck for the time being as I just bought two of the forgers from Mainlandmart so I will just have to add bulb Cleaning with CLR as part of a weekly program for the time being.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Use RO in the fogger and u won't have the white residue accumulation which is calcium from your tap water.

I use the ZEP hand cleaner in the orange bottle. It has pumice in it and works as a gentle abrasive on the glass of the bulb without scratching it. U basically polish it to look like new. Then wipe with rubbing alcohol.

UC Quest

UC Quest

This forum and the people who are on it are awesome. Thanks Deacon for sharing what you find successful in cleaning those bare bulbs :)

I have learned all about the UC system because of this forum. I am so grateful for all who have helped me out answering my question and setting me in the right direction.

I look forward to the time that I am able to help others with the wisdom and knowledge I am gaining from being here on the farm :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom