What do you use to remove chloramine?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

I am using dr earth dry organic fertilizer mixed in with coco. I read that letting water sit out does not remove chloramine. I am looking for something I can buy on Amazon to add to water to remove chloramine to keep the water from messing with the beneficial microbes in the fertilizer. I would rather not have to spend a lot of money on a water filtration system but if something like a brita filter on the faucet would work I would try that or if there are drops I can use to remove the chloramine that would be nice to find for it.

Does anyone use tap water that has chloramine in it with organic fertilizer and not have problems or would you recommend I remove it from the water on there?

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
It's in my city water. I'm using a RO filter system with a KDF carbon prefilter to get it out. No issues at all with organics, Everything from inoculants to teas are full of life using this filtered water

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Catalytic Carbon garden hose filter. Can be had for about $40 on Amazon and usually have an expected useful life of over 10k gallons. Can order one through Boogie Brew (makes his own filters) if you don't trust commercial brands. Works for Chlorine and Chloramine and adds zero time

jkill9109

jkill9109

You should be able to neutralize chlorine and chloramine with vitamin c (ascorbic acid). I believe its 1 gram per 55 gallons. It will lower PH some so be aware of that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A good quality catalytic carbon filter is the best because you add nothing to the water, with a slow feed since dwell time is important, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and seachem prime will all work well also. Any of these are very viable options. If it was soil I would say you don't need anything but in coco if using microbes it may be a good idea because of the fertigation frequency. If not using microbes I wouldn't even worry about it.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
According to my supplier (Black Swallow Living Soil), living soil needs a KDF filter in order to keep the micro herd happy 'n healthy.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Tassie water has none at all but I still set up air stone in my water tank .od .

Northernpop

Northernpop

I use Ecothrive Neutralise - Water Chlorine and Chloramine treatment. I also water every two days, so 4 litres on the windowsill in between will definitely do it. It's just concentrated vitamin C.

Happy growing.

Top Bottom