What do you use to trim?

• Thread starter karolanne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
karolanne

karolanne

Hello!

So, I read few thread about triming device. Every device seems to have it's + and -. So, I want to hear about your personnal experience. I'm talking about personnal grow, so no big expensive machine.

For now, I'm thinking about trimbag. But a lot of reviews say you lose too much trichomes.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I use my fingers only.
I am thinking that's what I'm going to do. I used trimming scissors but they get to sticky.

Of course I'll use gloves, yet it might just be easier to get the goo off the fingers VS getting it off the gloves.

Do you wait till they are dry dry to pull off the small fan leafs at the stem, or so you break them off once they are hard? I don't like smoking them so I be pulling all leafs off, regardless how sparkle it is. I like the buds.

Ponky

Ponky

I am thinking that's what I'm going to do. I used trimming scissors but they get to sticky.

Of course I'll use gloves, yet it might just be easier to get the goo off the fingers VS getting it off the gloves.

Do you wait till they are dry dry to pull off the small fan leafs at the stem, or so you break them off once they are hard? I don't like smoking them so I be pulling all leafs off, regardless how sparkle it is. I like the buds.
If you wet trim the scissors won't clog.

Ponky

Ponky

If you are going to trim a couple pounds you want one of the table top units. If you're doing a few ounces scissors are fine. Doing serious pounds? Any good grow store will rent you a trim machine.

growsince79

growsince79

Depending on the weather, if its rainy/humid I pull the big fans off when I chop. Everything else stays on till dry enough to break off clean. I'm like you, I throw away even frosty trim and larf. In fact, anything that isn't AAA bud is composted. That way I can always grow and still be within state limits.

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Fuzzy_Buzzy

Clauss tin snips or any pair of Clauss scissors in the house. These last, tried cheap Vivosun trimmers........tossed those , lol.

crossfader

crossfader

Vivosun trimmers, latex gloves and some alcohol to wipe the blades every so often. I only grow one plant per grow so trimming isn't a monumental chore.āœŒ

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
3 electric Bonsai Hero Testarossas, 3 pairs of bonsai snips, loaded vape or pipe, loaded wax vape, tall drink of something cold. I'll knock out 8-10 five footers in about 3 hours. Not shown is a cup of iso for cleaning

Trim

SecretGardener

SecretGardener

Use a harvestmore trimbin and scissors

Same, with 2 pair scissors and a jar of alcohol. When the scissors get sticky just switch to the pair soaking in alcohol, faster than cleaning the scissors with a rag. With experience and excessive stash, I only keep the best well trimmed buds. Then I do a quick sort of the trim and let the frostiest trim sit for a few days to get bone dry, then crush and sift thru the TrimBind. The Keif I get makes trashing all the low grade not so wasteful.

P5040001

karolanne

karolanne

I'm lazy. I hang dry for around 14 days. Forst 3 at 70f and 60-65% RH. Then drop to 60f and 60-63%Rh until dried.

Then I trim and jar. Leaves come off easy and no damage to trichs.
That's you in the video? I've never seen that before.

What means "forst 3 at 70f and 60-65% RH"? And all the rest... Me dummy...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's you in the video? I've never seen that before.

What means "forst 3 at 70f and 60-65% RH"? And all the rest... Me dummy...
Lol yeah that's me. First 3 days of hanging I do at 70f and 60ish RH. Then as long as it takes at 60F and 60-63% RH usually 14 days or a tad longer.

The cooler temps are really impact full on the preservation of terps. A long, cool slow dry makes for a much better product imo.

The silicone BBQ brush is so much faster and easier for me. No more cramping fingers lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom