What does adding sugar do?

• Thread starter steelyeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelyeyes

I know some people add it as a flavoring agent and I know some people swear by molasses. Molasses sounds like it would make a hell of a mess out of my system so I'm leery about using it. The main thing I want to know is does it increase bud size or weight or both? I don't care if it feeds microbes, roots, or aliens from Baldar, I just want to know the end result...as in if I use it will it make a heavier crop?

If molasses works for that and it's not too terrible of a mess to use I could do that. I'd look at other methods of adding sugars too. If all it does is change taste I won't use it since people like the way mine stuff tastes the way it is. If it adds more wieght so I can help more people per crop then I'd be up for using it.

So does anyone have the short and sweet answer to my question?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
gatorade - I dont know the particulars - havent tried it yet

youd have to read absoleets thread

U

ukbigbud

yeh id like to know this too, and to that ratio people use it!!! people use carboload by an but im sure its not the same is it????

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
plants

plants dont eat sugar they make it in dirt coco or non waterworking system it is good for yeald but in hydro most nutes are chelated so they dont need microbes or have them for that matter most chemical nutes (non-organic ) kill microbial life but plants dont eat carbs

S

steelyeyes

plants dont eat sugar they make it in dirt coco or non waterworking system it is good for yeald but in hydro most nutes are chelated so they dont need microbes or have them for that matter most chemical nutes (non-organic ) kill microbial life but plants dont eat carbs

I just want to know if I add the stuff will it make my buds heavier. I don't care if they eat it, wear it, or hang it up and call it art. I already add root excellerator by H&G and a little Great White (with great looking roots BTW) so it's not exactly a sterile rez.

So back to the topic. Will carbs bulk up the buds (directly or indirectly, it does not matter to me either way) if I put them in my mix?

The deal is I already have the rest of it down pretty well. I'm in week four of flower and just tied up my first top this morning and it looks like I'll be doing a lot of that in the near future so the heavy feeding, silica, root temp management, and other stuff I'm doing seem to be working great. I'm just looking for maybe that one thing that will make things a bit better.

Top Bottom