what does bho mean?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

what does bho,, iso mean? everyone uses abbreviations and i dont know what they are talking about.. thanks,,

L

l33t

BHO stands for butane honey oil and ISO for Isopropyl alcohol

so BHO is the oil made with butane gas extraction and ISO oil made with alcohol extraxtion, for best ISO go with a quick ISO wash / little exposure time (shake well for 10-30secs)

l33t

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
i dont know what ISO stands for cuz really the abbreviation is IPA, but most everyone calls oil made with IPA, ISO oil... :D

L

l33t

hey hashmasta

Well the ISO name is widely used for all alcohol extractions in our canna community , some use ethyl alcohol (ethanol ) many use isopropyl alcohol , so in the strick use of the ISO 'term' those using ethanol are not doing ISO or more correctly iPR extractions.. :)
..personally I prefer BHO over alcohol extractions though a quick wash can give some very nice hard red oil if you use good material

S

sensei13

Have any of you tried acetone for extraction? I have had quite a bit of experience with this solvent, and when I tried using it to make oil I got pretty good results. Contrary to popular belief acetone is actually one of the purest solvents available (once evaporated leaves absolutely no trace residue). I get mine from a chemical distributor, I don't know about how the local market's grade would compare though.

Top Bottom