What does Loompa use?

• Thread starter angry monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
angry monkey

angry monkey

I was blessed recently with a pack of yeti bx2's so I want to know what Loompa uses to grow his. I'm aware you use organics, but what? That could be a very wide range. I feel my seeds deserve the best they can get so I'd like to recreate a soil or bottle routine close to what the parents have already been used to growing in.

Oh, also do you use hps/mh? Combo of both for indoor? Vert or horizontal?

If you would be so kind as to share your soil recipe or broad generalization of bottled goodies you may use I would be eternally grateful in my quest to perfect them.

angry monkey

angry monkey

I recall him talking about the headband being a finicky one to dial in, almost gave up on it I believe were his words.

Don't believe he ever listed his nutes or regiment

Well aware of the story and what not. That's why I'm asking what he used. I'm not asking fellow farmers if they know, I'm hoping Loompa himself will come answer and share with us his recipe of success.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
First...Barcelona is the shit!!!! I loved that place, would have no problem moving there...lol. Best vacation Ive ever had and 2 straight weeks of pure debauchery... was beautiful.

This plant has taken a combined effort of 10 highly experienced growers all working in collaboration to figure out what she likes. Every single variable has been tested as if in a lab, any new variable introduced is done one variable at a time so we know if our change was effective or not. There is so much data that we use to grow her, now let me just say, all our work was to get her to be dank in a soil organic grow. She performs much easier and carefree in a hydro system. Some basics I can say are, she doesnt like to be dried out in her pots, I water every 3 days, I also fertilize every single watering on top of running a very rich soil mixture. She is a nute hog, she loves CO2, do not let temps go about 85 and thats pushing it, 75-80 is ideal, Keep your humidity in check with your temps untill you actually get significant flower growth and then you can start knocking down the humidity. I keep her ideally 1.5-2.0 ft from my lights, but thats adjustable relative to temps. All your plants need to be dialed into your specific grow room. I can't give a recipe because depending on the reults of any one variable, things will have to be changed. And its almost a must to scrog her to maximize yield...you can tomatoe cage or stake, but to get her to yield big, she needs to be scrogged.

angry monkey

angry monkey

First...Barcelona is the shit!!!! I loved that place, would have no problem moving there...lol. Best vacation Ive ever had and 2 straight weeks of pure debauchery... was beautiful.

This plant has taken a combined effort of 10 highly experienced growers all working in collaboration to figure out what she likes. Every single variable has been tested as if in a lab, any new variable introduced is done one variable at a time so we know if our change was effective or not. There is so much data that we use to grow her, now let me just say, all our work was to get her to be dank in a soil organic grow. She performs much easier and carefree in a hydro system. Some basics I can say are, she doesnt like to be dried out in her pots, I water every 3 days, I also fertilize every single watering on top of running a very rich soil mixture. She is a nute hog, she loves CO2, do not let temps go about 85 and thats pushing it, 75-80 is ideal, Keep your humidity in check with your temps untill you actually get significant flower growth and then you can start knocking down the humidity. I keep her ideally 1.5-2.0 ft from my lights, but thats adjustable relative to temps. All your plants need to be dialed into your specific grow room. I can't give a recipe because depending on the reults of any one variable, things will have to be changed. And its almost a must to scrog her to maximize yield...you can tomatoe cage or stake, but to get her to yield big, she needs to be scrogged.

Barcelona is a wonderful place! I was lucky enough to spend a month of my life over there spending most of my time in nearby Catalonia. (sp?)

I can understand the variables making a large difference but knowing she's a heavy feeder and higher temps than what I normally run are a good start. I had already made a heavier mix hearing they are hogs so I have a pretty good feeling about that. I will be moving soon and the idea of a sealed room has crossed my mind and seeing she loves CO2 may be the push to do it. Big fan of tomato cages but after a few runs of gorilla glue I'm finding scrogs to fit my style of grow better anyhow.

Seeing she loves hydro will make me want to do a run of her that way as well since I am already most comfortable running a hydro setup and am very confident in being able to dial her in that way to get a better idea of what I'm striving for in the dirt.

I thank you for this information and taking the time to share it. Eager to incorporate it into the room. Cannot wait for the littles to start sexing so I can get this rolling.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Let me reiiterate, she is a nute hog. She will take anything you throw at her. But that doesnt mean to throw it all at her...you can get more resin by not overloading, but she'll still take it. I run a soil bed with no drainage style for my indoor and I can tell you Im in very rich dirt, and I also fertilize every single watering untill the end when I start laying off. After the calxes have all exploded and the resin goo and concentration is there, then Ill start laying off and just start letting those resin glands to mature. But you'll know almost instantly if you have her dialed. When thats the case, she just starts flowering and even buy week four-five, those calyxes are all coming in swollen right from the start.

angry monkey

angry monkey

I thank you again and the community will as well for your attention to the details and sharing them with us. It's wonderful to be able to get a breeder to be so liberal with information.

Sorry to be like a little school girl, but I am a huge fan of your work and to finally get my hands on your gear and then get this kind of information directly from you is pretty awesome.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I thank you again and the community will as well for your attention to the details and sharing them with us. It's wonderful to be able to get a breeder to be so liberal with information.

Sorry to be like a little school girl, but I am a huge fan of your work and to finally get my hands on your gear and then get this kind of information directly from you is pretty awesome.

Props to Loompa for all his dedication. Especially now with all the noise from his Cup; his email must be horrific! :nailbiting:

Thanks to @logic once again for this awesome place!!!

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
In some aspects I am hesitant to explain my exact feeding regiment. Its taken 10 coordinated growers over 5 or 7 years to get her dialed in. The recipe we have now is what all our growers here at the farm use. We are pretty homogenous as far as our Underdawg feeding regiment now, but its taken 7-10 growers spending 6 years to work her out. So thats some propriety information that we keep. But as far as your environments go and different set-ups and temp/humidity ratio's and scrogging and light distance and co2 I will gladly share. And I will add, that however you try to go organic....all of us are running ppm numbers around 1200 ppms for every single watering, maybe skipping one or two, but I dont skip at all..... And make sure your plants are also getting their nutes sources from as many different sources as possible, I mean Bat meal and Bonemeal will bring out different aspects of the overall flower bouguet. Even seaweed has a huge effect on taste and flavor.

Last edited:
angry monkey

angry monkey

I never expected you to be greatly detailed with ratios and feeding as quite honestly I don't care to share my own routines but this information is more than enough to lead us in the right direction to dialing in our plants. I honestly never go over 850 ppms with the majority of my strains so I would have missed my mark by a bit the first run.

I have a feeling that while a couple of the first clones will be organic, the rest will be done in my tried and true system in place to get a better idea of what to expect and to provide for them in my attempts to go organic.

I really cannot thank you enough for taking the time to give the information you have and always welcome any more you have to share.

angry monkey

angry monkey

Well my lady finished. Is it common for them to throw nanners pretty badly from seed? I haven't seen this in my garden for about 2 years now. I'm pretty worried as I have a full run of clones going about a week into flower. She was the only female I found in the pack so I was damn sure I was going to run her out a few times. Never expected to find her full of seeds though so you can understand my concern.

I have to say my mind was pretty blown by this as she never threw visible nanners and still fattened up better than any other plant in the tent. No deformed leaves, no signs of stress. Probably got a couple hundred seeds from her. Honestly tempted to start throwing them in the ground.

angry monkey

angry monkey

I should state that I'm not blaming or trying to make excuses. I'm not looking for a refund or replaced seeds. They are all not winners and that's the chance you take popping beans. I have genuine concern as losing an entire tent will not only set me back, but my patients as well. I'm pretty small time and even losing a single plant is a big loss to me since I usually pull 5-8 a plant. We don't have dispensaries to cover this loss for me and I'm one of 3 people I know who grow. None of them really carry the stable I do tho as they are more about just making quick money and not producing quality.

I guess all I can do is take clones from another plant and watch these yeti like a hawk and hope for the best.

Green Dot

Green Dot

Loompa I so point here,

You can write a 10 paged detailed book on how to grow like him, but that will get you absolutely nowhere if your environment is exactly like his. Hell, even his environment changes throughout the year, but then he has the experience to know how to mitigate or compensate against the millions of variables.. Growing GOOD weed is about 1% following directions, 99% experience. When you start growing, you are signing a marriage contract with your plants... Your flowers will only come out as good as you were to that marriage,. To grow fire, it's a 24/7 commitment...

angry monkey

angry monkey

Well thanks for that neat write up but I'm not new to growing in any way. My room is sealed and tents are in there so I can individually control each tents temperature and humidity levels through air flow. No light besides the light from the tents. I run individual tents to dial in strains specifically. Just because I am small time does not mean I am some yokel in the boonies trying to grow like Loompa. Probably more advanced in my setup than most commercial operations. I have been doing this for about 20 years illegally and 5 legal. This is and has been my life, my whole life.

But thanks.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Loompa I so point here,

You can write a 10 paged detailed book on how to grow like him, but that will get you absolutely nowhere if your environment is exactly like his. Hell, even his environment changes throughout the year, but then he has the experience to know how to mitigate or compensate against the millions of variables.. Growing GOOD weed is about 1% following directions, 99% experience. When you start growing, you are signing a marriage contract with your plants... Your flowers will only come out as good as you were to that marriage,. To grow fire, it's a 24/7 commitment...

I could not have said it better than this. More and more greendot your showing your own mastery. It's a pleasure to have another master grower here. Thanks man.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
I should state that I'm not blaming or trying to make excuses. I'm not looking for a refund or replaced seeds. They are all not winners and that's the chance you take popping beans. I have genuine concern as losing an entire tent will not only set me back, but my patients as well. I'm pretty small time and even losing a single plant is a big loss to me since I usually pull 5-8 a plant. We don't have dispensaries to cover this loss for me and I'm one of 3 people I know who grow. None of them really carry the stable I do tho as they are more about just making quick money and not producing quality.

I guess all I can do is take clones from another plant and watch these yeti like a hawk and hope for the best.

Could you tell me a little more details about your situation? I personally have not experienced or seen what obviously happened to you. And no worries my friend, I appreciate you relaying to me and all of us your experience. Lets see if we can't figure this out. Was this from the Yeti? From one pack? How many females are doing this from your choice of females? Just looking for a little perspective before I can start forming possible scenarios.

G

greyman41420

Loompa I so point here,

I do not consider myself a master grower by any stretch of the imagination, but I found myself this weekend using your exact example of the marriage metaphor with the plants. Everyday is a commitment and I find myself making small tweaks every single day in their flowering cycle. Whether it be environmental ,nutrient, or even just staking or working branches through the scrog. Emotionally I am connected every single day to the plants and monitor them as such, checking leaves for signs of stress or positive growth, checking the coco, confirming runoff ph, etc. I call it the strategy of inches, that on their own this work does not seem like much, but when you add up all the inches, it adds a full grade to your final product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom