What Does This Look Like To You?

• Thread starter ahemait
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ahemait

ahemait

She was perfectly green and healthy until 2-3 days ago. I topped her and I notice this today.
What does this look like to you

ahemait

ahemait

They have been in that soil since birth, got up to the 6th node when I topped.

Straight reverse osmosis water.

Would it have not showed signs of ph issues prior?

C

cheeseofchad

flush with 6 ph water,3-4 times container volume,,,,you will know in a few days after what the problem is/isnt

ro water doesnt come ph'd

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

It's in soil. I think I'd drown them if I did that?
I'm not in soil but the people i know in soil only flush as a last case scenario when they can't solve the problem. That being said by looking at that leaf it may be that time.
From what I understand it not the amount of water that dictates "overwatering" it's the constantly keeping wet that will show overwatering. That's why it's wet dry cycles. Once there is runoff the soil is saturated. No matter how much you put in the soil can only hold so much so it will all run off. Once runoff stops it is still the same amount of water in the soil if you had 5% runoff or 500% runoff. If that makes sense
So adding 3x the gallon amount is just making sure you wash out as much of what's in there as possible. Then let it dry as usual

Like I said I DO NOT grow soil and I'm just trying to strike up more replies from soil growers. Take their advice before mine but I'm just trying to clear up if you will "drown" your plants with a flush. I beleive once runoff stops coming out it is the same amount of water in the soil. As much as it can hold.

C

cheeseofchad

they are tiny pots so flushing will be easy,just put a fan on them after if you are worried about sogging,but the will be fine wet wise.....flush or lose them imo

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

when u do flush u want to use 3x the amount of water then the size of the planter so a 5g is 15 gallons u using so much water bc u are washing the soil of all the salt and nute build up .... watch the run off the color is change as less n less nute

ahemait

ahemait

Can you provide more pics? Looks like more than 1 plant is affected. More pics the better
Is just the one.

The ones you can see on the border are clones, just have some clone cannibalism on a few leaves. I should clip them but meh.

ahemait

ahemait

when u do flush u want to use 3x the amount of water then the size of the planter so a 5g is 15 gallons u using so much water bc u are washing the soil of all the salt and nute build up .... watch the run off the color is change as less n less nute
I build my soil and don't really add anything to it afterword besides alaska fish emulsion (non burning) so I could see maybe some nutrients running off but I don't think I'd be able to purge it with that method.

I was hoping someone could identify, more than anything. If the new growth stays healthy I'll ignore this happened. If it doesn't I'll give her a bath and see if that helps I guess.

Dewd

Dewd

Thanks gang for the quick replies
<3
Good luck figuring this out. I wish we could have been more help. Somebody on here knows what issue you are having I'm sure. They just haven't read this thread yet. Check out some other threads and ask around. Hopefully it's not too big of a deal to fix...

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I build my soil and don't really add anything to it afterword besides alaska fish emulsion (non burning) so I could see maybe some nutrients running off but I don't think I'd be able to purge it with that method.

I was hoping someone could identify, more than anything. If the new growth stays healthy I'll ignore this happened. If it doesn't I'll give her a bath and see if that helps I guess.
enough water will purge any thing lol can we get a pic of the hole plants

ahemait

ahemait

Looks like it could possibly be over watered.do u let the soil dry right out between watering?
I've just been lightly top watering a small amount every couple/three days. Shouldn't be too moist, I'm rather sparing.

I'll get some pictures tonight.

Dewd

Dewd

I've just been lightly top watering a small amount every couple/three days. Shouldn't be too moist, I'm rather sparing.

I'll get some pictures tonight.
Maybe you don't give it enough water each time you water. When you water you should water until you get some runoff. And then don't water again until the soil is dry.

SpiderK

SpiderK

what is the constant humidity over the day.

what is the temp outside and humidity ? do they get fresh air and how many fan's are blowing on that plant ?

Top Bottom