what does this mean?(pics)

• Thread starter mickmick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I have same thing on a couple of my plants, and same situation. Totally seems like a bug but I have up no pest strips and dont see any bugs at all. Also, these two plants are close to a fan!

For all of you who use the no pest strips- do you use throughout all of flower? how close to your plants are they? do you put them in tents, or just in the room?

JB

M

mickmick

i just put some pest strips in i hung up four of them around the plants. i guess we will see if they work. but besides that anyone know how to fix the prob with the plants before it gets worse, if it will get worse.....

L

Lost

They do have some very nasty stuff in them, so keep them away from your flowering plants, especially when they are new.

If you are unsure what is up, take some flypaper and put it upside down on top of the media. After a day or 2 you should see what you have or if you have anything at all :)

L

Lost

Great white will repair the damage to the roots. The affected leaves will not get better in my experience.. They may not get worse tho..

L

Lost

The hydrogen will provide a litle oxygen, but it will actually kill roots and baddies alike if too strong. Great White is Myco, endo, and ecto fungi and bacterias that are beneficial andhelp to build a healthy root system. Also products like H&G's root excellerator, Botanicares My Guardian, etc. The cheapest is Plant Sucess (same maker as great white), rooters mycos..

M

mickmick

The hydrogen will provide a litle oxygen, but it will actually kill roots and baddies alike if too strong. Great White is Myco, endo, and ecto fungi and bacterias that are beneficial andhelp to build a healthy root system. Also products like H&G's root excellerator, Botanicares My Guardian, etc. The cheapest is Plant Sucess (same maker as great white), rooters mycos..

interesting info. i will use 5 ml of hydrogen peroxide per gallon of water till i get some great white or something similar.

S

supasticky

A good way to see if bugs are on you plant is to shake it from the bottom and see if things fly off. They will most likely fly off for a second and then hop back on. White spots in the air around your plant means whiteflies. As for your problem...(lol im too stoned) it looks like thrips. Fungus gnats leave white spots and they are really small. You need a bigger bug like a thrip to leave a mark like that. They eat the under side of the plant and crawl along the bottom. Flip over your leaves and I'm sure you'll find one. Hope that's your problem cuz if so Neem oil will get rid of them as long as you keep a regiment on regular spraying. Every day is what I do, but Soma says once every three days is good. Just make sure to get the bottom of the leaves when you spray.

I would not use a regular sprayer either because the water is not fine enough and ends up forming droplets on the end of the leaves. You will get SOME neem(or anything else you're spraying)on your plants, but it won't kill your thrips. I would get a mist sprayer that continuously sprays instead of you having to pump it.

Hope this helps.

-Supa

S

supasticky

Sorry...I just had to say that Great White is the shit! I use that all the time. Having a healthy ecosystem of bacteria and fungi in your root system is a key to having healthy plants. If you can't buy the Great White brewing an Earthworm Casting tea will get your bacteria and some fungi into your root system. I don't know the effects of teas in hydro though so maybe you want to get some more info before trying that one. Also if you have fungus gnats nematodes will eat them and their eggs.

-Supa

M

mickmick

A good way to see if bugs are on you plant is to shake it from the bottom and see if things fly off. They will most likely fly off for a second and then hop back on. White spots in the air around your plant means whiteflies. As for your problem...(lol im too stoned) it looks like thrips. Fungus gnats leave white spots and they are really small. You need a bigger bug like a thrip to leave a mark like that. They eat the under side of the plant and crawl along the bottom. Flip over your leaves and I'm sure you'll find one. Hope that's your problem cuz if so Neem oil will get rid of them as long as you keep a regiment on regular spraying. Every day is what I do, but Soma says once every three days is good. Just make sure to get the bottom of the leaves when you spray.

I would not use a regular sprayer either because the water is not fine enough and ends up forming droplets on the end of the leaves. You will get SOME neem(or anything else you're spraying)on your plants, but it won't kill your thrips. I would get a mist sprayer that continuously sprays instead of you having to pump it.

Hope this helps.

-Supa

i don't believe its thrips. it doesn't look like that. I check the bottom of the leafs all the time and never see anything on them. I got 3 fans in there now. 2 small ones and 1 good sized one. I've shaken the leafs too with a piece of paper under them to see if something falls but nope nothing.... there are holes that look like bugs like flys have been eatting at some of the leafs... could it be the plants rubbing on each other causing some of the harm? they look thin on the edges like the rub each other raw....

S

supasticky

The only other bug that I can think of that does damage like that is carerpillars....

M

mickmick

im almost certain that it isnt caterpillars but i dont want to walk in there and see one chillin on a plant one day...... i have been keeping an eye out for anything so i will keep doing so...

D

Dr Tweed

hey bro i agree with supastisticky caterpillers or earwigs are bout tnhe only thing that chew a plant like that in the last pic

S

supasticky

im almost certain that it isnt caterpillars but i dont want to walk in there and see one chillin on a plant one day...... i have been keeping an eye out for anything so i will keep doing so...

Bro i got caterpillars this year and it hurt. I hate bugs. I would suggest a THOROUGH search through your plants cuz I told some of my friends to check after I got caterpillars and they didnt listen to me. About 6-7 weeks into flowering they found them and had to lose a lot of their crop cuz of those fckin bugs. If a moth can fly into your grow room at night then I would check for them if I were you.

-Supa

M

mickmick

Bro i got caterpillars this year and it hurt. I hate bugs. I would suggest a THOROUGH search through your plants cuz I told some of my friends to check after I got caterpillars and they didnt listen to me. About 6-7 weeks into flowering they found them and had to lose a lot of their crop cuz of those fckin bugs. If a moth can fly into your grow room at night then I would check for them if I were you.

-Supa

i hear ya ive been checking them everyday. havent really seen them get worse. some are getting better. but im still keeping an eye out for bugs!

J

jaybird

leaf damage

the leaf in the last pic looks like some bugs are having a picnic....i have a couple white spots on some of the beginning leaves of some plants...grown from seed...only 30 days since germ...already 20 inches...i don't see any gnats or anything..i have' em in tents indoors...i would like to believe that it is water droplet/nute bleach spots....we'll see....treat'em early...so the headache doesn't worsen....i think i'm gonna head down and pick up some great white...just learning how to make compost teas...and i don't want to experiment on these mothers..just gonna wait till i clone' em
aloha
be safe..and Gro-on
jaybird

J

jaybird

outdoor bugs in hawaii

for grass hoppers and other annoying munchers....this last season i had a great yield....i started to notice that grasshoppers were getting to be uncontrolable...so I decided to go out and catch me some jackson chameleons and turn 'em loose in my bushes....needless to say...i finished the season with minor grasshopper problem and some fat'n'happy lizards...look to see what beneficial insects/reptiles..are in your area...maybe they can help
aloha gro-on
jaybird

Top Bottom