What does topping do? How's it done?

• Thread starter BLRRLB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BLRRLB

Ok guys..i've read a lot on here and don't get it..anyone have pictures of a plant that ONLY gets topped so I can see it? I'd like to see pics from early veg until harvest. What does it do? I get that it gives you more colas? Produce more bud than growing straight up?

B

BLRRLB

I'm wanting to grow outdoors first but will move indoors soon..I want to see what happens from topping only and how much can be yielded from this technique alone..thanks!

R

Resin

topping your plants will create a bushier effect for growth. everytime you top your plant, 2 tops will grow out to replace that one you cut. you can train the tops to make the plant yield more. its a good practice to top the plants, top them while there small at the 3rd level. watch it get bushy

B

BLRRLB

Thanks Resin!! When you FIM the plants keeps getting taller right? I know it gives you more colas when you FIM, but topping is better for getting a plant bushy than FIMing, is that correct?

R

Resin

FIMing... is when u like cut the top in half, it sends the top into like a recovery mode where you 'may' get 3-5+ tops from that one part.... BUT! it stunts the growth drastically.

if you have time to wait and experiment, sure fim it up. but from my experience fiming = waiting longer...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
what does reading the grow FAQ do

stops needless threads like these from wasting bandwidth on the site

learn to use the search instead of asking questions that have been asked and answered a million times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom