What Does Your Pest Management System Consist Of?

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

evening everyone, im just trying to see what everyone else hits their gals with.. I usually do spinosad and neem every week on rotation. anything I should add/minus? what do you use? and why?

P

PaulWood

evening everyone, im just trying to see what everyone else hits their gals with.. I usually do spinosad and neem every week on rotation. anything I should add/minus? what do you use? and why?
I am using the same regime here, based on info provided from great group members.

IMG 3952
IMG 3956
IMG 3957
IMG 3958
IMG 3960
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
My regimine
1.Clean the crap out of the room before adding a plant with two sprayers, one filled with distilled vinegar and the other with peroxide. Spray one on top of the other in small batches.
2.Wait until I get a pest infestation.
3. Order nematodes.
4. Apply nematodes

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
And I never step foot in my grow room with clothes on that I've worn outside, a d keep a spray bottle of is for spraying shoes.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
And I never step foot in my grow room with clothes on that I've worn outside, a d keep a spray bottle of is for spraying shoes.
I spray my shoes and body regularly before entering grow area with iso

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Dryer sheets, worm castings, B.T., SM-90, and a good oscillating fan.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Indoors, pests can be devastating.
Outdoors, we have help in the form of predators.

I do see occasional signs of spider mites.
But when I flip the leaf over. I find empty husks.
They get gobbled up before they have a chance to fully colonize.

You folks on the mainland have "rancher" ants. They bring aphids to drain your plants dry, as they "milk" the aphids for honeydew.
Knowing this, I isolated my plants with moats to lock the ants out.

Then I learned that the cane farmers here had imported carnivorous ants to eat the cane borer grubs.
That was unsuccessful.

However, it left billions of hungry ants roaming the islands and their favorite meal is a bowl of juicy aphids, but they don't pass up a snack of spider mites.
(One of those hungry bastids tried to eat my leg)

Even without minion ants, there is a natural balance between pests and predators
That's why I use no poisons. It destroys the natural balance.
Often the pests recover faster than the predators.

Natural balance vs spraying poison? It's a no-brainer Imho.

Aloha,
Wee' zard

bankcee

bankcee

yeah outdoors hardly run outdoors indoors my ipm is simple. like all you said clean clean clean filter filter filter and weekly sprays of my spinosad and neem and I've never had a problem.

outdoors i always find little bugs and gnats and shit on my girls.

Underthesun

Underthesun

In my open air greenhouse bugs are present. I usually end up with fungus gnats and thrips if I do nothing or slack off. So I also use spinosad and neem. I also add BTi for the fungus gnats every so often in my watering can. Compost tea sprays make the plants happy, bugs don't like happy plants. All paying special attention to the under sides of the leaves and making sure no spot goes untouched. A sulfur vape 2-3 times a season before flowering sets in to prevent mildew issues.

Keeping healthy plants is the best practice. Be preventive and not reactive.

Spinosad is the only pesticide I listed that I be careful with even though it is listed organic. Spray it after the sun is down to avoid hitting bees with it. Neem, bugs just don't like it. BTi is a biological only affecting a small portion of bugs mainly mosquitos and gnats. I wouldn't breath in the sulfur, but that isn't hurting the environment. Just be conscientious.

Last edited:
CaliRooted

CaliRooted

@paul wood reduce the nitrogen on that plant. Happy Growing

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Those are some big plants in small pots to not be feeding them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom