What Does Your Pest Management System Consist Of?

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
below frigid

below frigid

This is the outdoor forum right? Never had a pest issue outdoors, not once. Mold in the fall, sure, but bugs have never been a problem outside.
Really? How long have you been growing outdoors? Only serious problem I have ever had was white flies close too harvest. A few leafhoppers here and there. A few grasshoppers. If I see a bug or two I don't spray, I just monitor closely. We are in the outdoors and there is going to be bugs. If they do seem to be populating I do spray different things for different pest. All organic, unless OMRI changes their mind like they frequently do.

S

Shamanfarmer

Really? How long have you been growing outdoors? Only serious problem I have ever had was white flies close too harvest. A few leafhoppers here and there. A few grasshoppers. If I see a bug or two I don't spray, I just monitor closely. We are in the outdoors and there is going to be bugs. If they do seem to be populating I do spray different things for different pest. All organic, unless OMRI changes their mind like they frequently do.

This is my fifth year growing outdoors. Grew five years indoors before moving outside. I do have occasional insect damage on my outdoor plants, but the plants are vigorous enough they outgrow the damage. Never had any pest populations worthy of treatment might be a better way of putting it. I don't think a bite here and there negatively effects healthy plants, in fact I think it might stimulate faster growth and natural defenses.

P

PaulWood

My first year outdoor and I Ann in pots. Pretty sure undersized. It's been ok so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom