What does your RO water ph at?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoAdome

MendoAdome

How long have you had your probe for? More than five years? Can you still calibrate it? Why use tap water?

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Sorry, I know this is an old post. But I am also wondering, how would you measure the pH of RO water if it will mess up the chemistry of the pH pen? I have a question in with Blue Lab (my pH pen manufacturer), how would I do it then......... no reply yet.
Will be fine to check, just don't store it in it.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

So what's the difference of storing your ph probe in kcl solution rather than tap water the tap water will either leach out or absorb salts in the tap

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

How long have you had your probe for? More than five years? Can you still calibrate it? Why use tap water?
Couple years now. Yup, still calibrates.
Use tap cuz ro water not good to store probe in.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

So what's the difference of storing your ph probe in kcl solution rather than tap water the tap water will either leach out or absorb salts in the tap
Never tried kcl. Tap and dish soap has been good to me.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

Well kcl solution is the same pH as the reference solution inside the bulb

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

chloramines Not to mention a whole bunch of other things that fowl up a bulb

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Well water no chloramines. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Do your thing!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ph does not adjust as easily in RO water because the salinity is nearly zero but you can still measure it adjusting it takes a lot of finesse
Wait... since when? Do you know what alkalinity is (in relation to pH shift)? Salinity?

You came on this thread to correct me, I expect you to put out nothing but 100% factually correct information. This ain't it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom