What dosage calmag and GHE nutes for autoflower in coco?

• Thread starter BobCrayfish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BobCrayfish

Hi i'm having trouble finding consistent info on how much calmag i should use and what dosage of GHE nutrients when growing autoflowers in coco coir.
The nutrients i have is flora micro, flora gro, flora bloom and biobizz camlag
I usually have to water every other day untill they are 3 weeks old so the 1ml/l calmag most people recommend seems a bit high and the last time i grew the plants were stunted.

Can someone give me a good feeding schedule that wont give me nutrient burns and luckout please? Iam a novice when it comes to coco and autoflowers

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

1ml sounds about right to me. do you have an EC meter ? ill assume your starting with 0 or very low ec water.
this is how i do it.
I add silica and calmag my water to 0.3EC
add your micro grow and bloom in that order and in the ratio according to the feed chart.
typically half the recommended dose puts you a little over the total EC but over is better than under. you'll make an adjustment after the first mix to get you to where you want it but the ratio must be the same.
dilute your mix back to the target EC with calmag water,
that step is important as you dont want to dilute the calmag ratio.
easy peezy lemon squeezy.
water the coco evenly every day with approximately 15% run off and youll be rock n roll

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

i dont grow autos but this looks good

WEEK 1-4EC 0.6-0.8
WEEK 4-6EC 0.8-1.2
WEEK 8-9EC 1.2-1.8
WEEK 9-11EC 0.8-1.0

you should be regularly testing the ec of your run off to make sure the ec in the roots is not getting too high.
its a guide. you will likely make adjustments based on your outcomes. but start at the low end of the ec range and make small increments IF and when required.

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

You will need to experiment to find numbers that work for you and your application.

I use GenHydro's ml/gal from their weekly 3-part feed chart (I use the "Light" application) with Si and CalMag ml/gal, as well as my EC and pH targets, all coming from the Coco For Cannabis nutrient schedule. My goal is to be able to mix all the inputs into a gallon of water without having to further adjust the EC.

Together these are way too high of an EC, so I proportionally reduce the trio inputs to gain most of my EC reduction. Depending on how much CalMag I started with I might bump that down a bit too since the trio's micro already has a decent amount of calcium in it.

As was mentioned it's important to keep the overall ratios intact. On any given week I might only be adding 50-60% of the trio's "Light" application, but the overall ratios will never change from the chart.

I also don't let my EC go too much further above 1300, even during flowering. That's the point above which bad things start to happen. The solution to feeding your plant more probably isn't increasing the EC, but instead increasing the frequency of your fertigation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom