What Driver For 200w What Mean Well For 3590 Cobs

• Thread starter Ahimsa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Ahimsa

What drivers for 200w-300w what mean well driver to run 4 3590 cobs does the same driver work for 3070 cobs or do they use different ones I want to build a few but I can't figure out what drive to use for my Cree cob 3950 what's better 3070s or 3950s?

A

Ahimsa

Please I have been trying to figure that out for months now like half the year

A

Ahimsa

citiizen vero? arnt those all led cob makers why not cree cob leds ? so im thinking of doing atleast a 600w grow with 3 200w ballasts or if i can get them to be far away from the cobs wired and still no loss id get 2x 300w drivers for the cobs so i can run the 12 cobs i want to know whats better im using an ac i got a tent in a room and i got a co2 tank pumping co2 in all the time so it gets good co2 all the time and taped it to the fan to push the co2 around and i wanted to know what is the difference in led grow llights the 3070 and the 3950 WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCES are they newer are the 3950's bigger are the 3950s have more spectrums what ? i do i choose the 3070 or the 3950 FyI i am going for highest potencey over any other variable

Toaster79

Toaster79

Why don't you do a bit of research yourself. Learn what. If you're planning on building those units yourself, now is the time to read some datasheets and find out what's the difference between 3070 and 3590. Same goes for the drivers.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

Myself I like the mean well HLG-185H-1400B, for low power and I run 4-CXB3590, 36v 3500K and it makes an awesome light for less than you could buy with 200w. All the 185H drivers are 200w. Forward Voltage determines how many COB's you can hook up. If you have 36v cob's you need at least 144 Vf or forward voltage, If you have 72v cobs, you need 288 Vf. Different drivers have varying Vf available. 36v cob's are my preference no matter what flavor I choose, I always choose the 36v version. flexibility. SO if you war attempting to build a 400 w light you will need to double what I just told you, or if you are building an 800w light four times as much of everything. Scalable approach and modular design are my desires. good luck and peace. if you ned a light controller after you build it all, to control times and such hit me up. peace

Welight

Welight

citiizen vero? arnt those all led cob makers why not cree cob leds ? so im thinking of doing atleast a 600w grow with 3 200w ballasts or if i can get them to be far away from the cobs wired and still no loss id get 2x 300w drivers for the cobs so i can run the 12 cobs i want to know whats better im using an ac i got a tent in a room and i got a co2 tank pumping co2 in all the time so it gets good co2 all the time and taped it to the fan to push the co2 around and i wanted to know what is the difference in led grow llights the 3070 and the 3950 WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCES are they newer are the 3950's bigger are the 3950s have more spectrums what ? i do i choose the 3070 or the 3950 FyI i am going for highest potencey over any other variable
With respect to drivers, watts is an outcome, Led forward voltage x drive current=watts, so any driver you choose must be considered in the context of wattage(Power) capacity, 2ndly you need to know what the absolute output voltage is so you dont run out relative to the COBS or other leds you may be using
Cheers
Mark
Cutter

Toaster79

Toaster79

With respect to drivers, watts is an outcome, Led forward voltage x drive current=watts, so any driver you choose must be considered in the context of wattage(Power) capacity, 2ndly you need to know what the absolute output voltage is so you dont run out relative to the COBS or other leds you may be using
Cheers
Mark
Cutter

Welcome to The Farm Mark!
Long time no see.

AvidLerner

AvidLerner

Driver matching

Top Bottom