What Else Can I Do To Stabilize My Temp/humidity?

• Thread starter Alexa B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alexa B

I am at week 5 of veg and I am starting to struggle with the temp and humidity. I am growing with coco coir, in a 4x4 tent, I am running a 1200w LED. I had been keeping temp/humd. at about 77-80°F and about 60%. For the past week now, I have woken up the walls of my tent drenched and plants covered in water, and I have been having a really hard time maintaining it during the day time as it seems to fluctuate more than before. It gets too humid and warm so I'll run the carbon filter, then it gets too dry and still hot so i turn on the humidifier, and so on. Any tips on what I can do to help stabilize my tent? I have been using a small oscillating fan, a humidifier and a carbon filter fan in my set up. Should I lower the humidity at this point? Any information helps! :)

What else can i do to stabilize my temphumidity
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Humidify and cool the room the tent is in, not the tent, let your fan run 24/7. When you get the temp and humidity in the room right it will stay the right temp/humidity in the tent.

A

Alexa B

Humidify and cool the room the tent is in, not the tent, let your fan run 24/7. When you get the temp and humidity in the room right it will stay the right temp/humidity in the tent.
Thank you DrMcSkunkins. It may prove to be difficult because I have the tent in my bedroom (tent is normally closed, just open for the pic). I am not sure I will be able to control temp and humidity that well in such a large area. I'll give it a shot :)

I have not changed my methods for controlling temp/humidity until this problem arose. Any reason for the sudden change?? Is it just because the plants are growing and giving off more humidity?

Also, I have not had to use the carbon filter until the sudden humidity jump. But I used to leave the small fan running 24/7 and the humidifier on low throughout the day, then off when the light turned off. Temp/humidity fluctuations all normal with that procedure.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
As long as your humidity doesnt drop below 40% and stay there you dont need a humidifier.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Do you have an intake and exhaust fan? This would use the exact same air as your bedroom like @DrMcSkunkins said above. From what I'm guessing, your sealing the tent up fully and not allowing for any air exchange, no?

MW7945

MW7945

I have the opposite problem. I have a hell of a time keeping the humidity above 40%. As far as temp, I don't see the problem really. I'm running 24/7 and sitting at 81 degrees. Finally adding an exhaust fan Wednesday so I expect the temp to drop.

As far as humidity, I was sitting in the 20's until I added a 16" pan with some water in it. Usually just dump the runoff in there. Keeps it between 42-45% now. I'm fine with that.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I have the opposite problem. I have a hell of a time keeping the humidity above 40%. As far as temp, I don't see the problem really. I'm running 24/7 and sitting at 81 degrees. Finally adding an exhaust fan Wednesday so I expect the temp to drop.

As far as humidity, I was sitting in the 20's until I added a 16" pan with some water in it. Usually just dump the runoff in there. Keeps it between 42-45% now. I'm fine with that.
Fill the pan with coarse pearlite to speed up the evaporation and raise the rh a bit more.

New2dagame

New2dagame

You need intake and exahaust to stabilize the temp/RH and to keep your girls happy .
Guessing the temp increase coincides with increase in weather temp outside . Mines has spiked last 2 days with heat wave hitting east coast . Here to help if I can

F

Fecund Loin

Bricks from a storage heater placed in the tent act as a temp. ballast and will stabilise nighttime temps. Or if space is a problem place them in a sealed box (like a hypocaust) and extract air through them from the tent during the day and draw air back through in the opposite direction during the night.

Top Bottom