• Thread starter Rudypoo420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rudypoo420

New time grower
I’m about a month a 2 weeks in veg
Plants are showing small tiny flower not enough to determine sex
These are what I’m using currently at every feeding (except recharge and the sledge hammer)
What else should I use?
I have rhino skin for bloom but what else should I grab for bloom? Bud candy

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You shouldn't be seeing any small flowers until you switch to flowering mode. Auto strains are all female (I'm pretty sure although I never saw or tried one), but in general, small flowers = males... the white "V" pair of pistils usually indicates females. You sometimes get a few errant pistils on females duriing veg growth, but I can't say that I have ever seen male flowers prematurely. Go easy on the nutes... often newer growers tend to overfeed plants and that can lead to many problems. Pictures would help immensely.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would not recomend rhino skin during flowering and i dont use any special bloom nutes or boosters.

If you dont know why you are using something just dont.

Only complete balanced base nutes are needed to grow an amazing plant.

R

Rudypoo420

I would not recomend rhino skin during flowering and i dont use any special bloom nutes or boosters.

If you dont know why you are using something just dont.

Only complete balanced base nutes are needed to grow an amazing plant.
On the website it says only to use during flower
When should I use it?

R

Rudypoo420

New time grower
I’m about a month a 2 weeks in veg
Plants are showing small tiny not enough to determine sex
These are what I’m using currently at every feeding (except recharge and the sledge hammer)
What else should I use?
I have rhino skin for bloom but what else should I grab for bloom? Bud candy
You shouldn't be seeing any small flowers until you switch to flowering mode. Auto strains are all female (I'm pretty sure although I never saw or tried one), but in general, small flowers = males... the white "V" pair of pistils usually indicates females. You sometimes get a few errant pistils on females duriing veg growth, but I can't say that I have ever seen male flowers prematurely. Go easy on the nutes... often newer growers tend to overfeed plants and that can lead to many problems. Pictures would help immensely.

4FAD20AB 4495 41C6 9103 CDE468EB71B0
8D646521 19D2 403F BE5F 2A8CA3BD8D2C
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

On the website it says only to use during flower
When should I use it?

I am suggesting a base grow nute all the way through for simlicity. Focus on learning how the plant grows and what the leaves are telling us is my advice.

I use pure blend pro grow only. My garden is in the link in my sig if you are interested.

Many report great reaults with dyna grow foliage pro only and mega crop one part powder is very popular around here.

If you do follow the directions on the bottles you have go much lower on nute strength. Like start at 25% and work up slow.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Here’s what the sex looked like 2 days ago
I see the small balls that you are referring to and they look like the beginnings of male flowers, although it's hard to be certain with the twisting and training. The white "V" shaped pistils, hairs, or whatever you call it usually swells as the plant matures, but I didn't see any evidence of female pistils. Typically a male will stretch a lot more during the transition from veg to flowering. What strain are they?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I see the small balls that you are referring to and they look like the beginnings of male flowers, although it's hard to be certain with the twisting and training. The white "V" shaped pistils, hairs, or whatever you call it usually swells as the plant matures, but I didn't see any evidence of female pistils. Typically a male will stretch a lot more during the transition from veg to flowering. What strain are they?
Don't pull the plant yet Rudy, but that's what I see too. That's why in many cases it's best to start with feminized seeds, best wishes!

R

Rudypoo420

Birthday cake kush I believe
just seeds from a dispensary I found in discount bud
Probably why it was discounted
I might have another unknown seed in there too

R

Rudypoo420

This is my first time so I wanted to use what I had to learn to grow first. Then if I fee comfortable and have more knowledge I’ll start putting more money in growing

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

This is my first time so I wanted to use what I had to learn to grow first. Then if I fee comfortable and have more knowledge I’ll start putting more money in growing
Understood, but if it does turn out to be male you've already wasted time, effort product & electricity; whereas you could have just bought a $10 female seed and had a female plant

Latest posts

Top Bottom