What exactly is an R1 seed?

• Thread starter 7munkee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
7munkee

7munkee

I bought some seeds from Ethos called Banana Daddy and they are designated as R1. I have never heard of this.

On a side note, are they a reputable breeder? I tried some Banana Daddy autos and only 1 out of 3 even germinated and that one grew all wonky. Each leaf had 3 blades and the buds were all flufffy and loose.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I bought some seeds from Ethos called Banana Daddy and they are designated as R1. I have never heard of this.

On a side note, are they a reputable breeder? I tried some Banana Daddy autos and only 1 out of 3 even germinated and that one grew all wonky. Each leaf had 3 blades and the buds were all flufffy and loose.
I grew one Ethos strain and got 100% germ rate. They're a respected company, though a lot of people seem to personally dislike the chief breeder, if you poke around. It does not seem to be related to the product, though.

I know nothing about autos, firsthand. Secondhand info doesn't sound great, though. I would not touch anyone's autos, based on that.

7munkee

7munkee

I also have some Thug Roze regs from Ethos. The autos are the only ones I grew out so far from them. I'll reserve final judgment until after I try them. But so far I'm not impressed.

I heard something about the owner and cruelty to animals, but I know how the world is today and take it with a grain of salt. And I HATE cancel culture with a passion. HIs person life has no impact on his products.

918_HardHead

918_HardHead

I'm bout to run some Ethos Orange Kush Cake R1's.. I didn't know what it mean either.. 😊 😊

7munkee

7munkee

I grew those seeds out and am pleased by the smell. They smell like fruit at a gas station. They are hanging in my closet now at 63 degrees/60% humidity. Nugs are dense and hard, even now 3 days after chopping.

I did get clones and one was frosty AF.

7munkee

7munkee

You cloned an auto?
No. Banana Daddy R1 feminized photo.
Image 168119480362170678322dd4763t11712623

Top Bottom