What Factor Do You Use To Determine OG Ripeness...

• Thread starter Rocky Top
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rocky Top

Hey guys...I have searched the forum and found the "typical" flowering time is 70-75 days for the OG Kush. My question is this...Is that a tried and true time or that what most prefer. I understand it's to each his own and that is why growing your meds allows that flexability. Or, is it more for the fact the buds will really swell those last couple of weeks.

The reason I ask is I am growing the Larry OG and it is currently at day 52 and when I checked the trichs a few minutes ago, they were probably 35-40% amber and I am talking some serious amber. A very rich looking color. It just seems to me that this particular pheno maybe ready a bit earlier than day 70. I have all intentions of allowing them to flower for the full 70-75 days but was just curious as to what other OG farmers use to help decide when they are ripe.

Thanks for any help. I am getting close and I just want to finish strong and bring these girls to the finishline at peak efficency.

K

koopa troopa

some people start counting flowering times at different stages. the trichs never lie... with most strains i run, i like to leave the lower nuggs on after chopping off the bigger stuff for an extra 5-7 days.

S

Swerve

if the trichs are saying pick me pick me.. lol 70 days is basicaly from the day you flipped til finish, so a 2 week stretch and a 8 week full flower give or take. i just noticed the ogs put the most weight on the last 18-22 days or so of their lives

R

Rocky Top

Thanks guys. Looking back on it, it was a pretty stupid question. I have always gone by trichs but for some reason (to much Kali Mist) I wanted someone to tell me what i already knew...:evilgrin

I will keep an ye on the trichs and try to ask questions when I have not been heavily medicating...:passingjoint:

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Na man, that wasn't a stupid question.. I was curious, too. It's good to hear others advice.. So what day are ya going to cut? If taken at 70ish days, will that bring out the more narcotic/body qualities of the medicine, less head? Plus, will it allow to swell completely?

When I look at pics from Dr. Roots, his 70 day og's have full red hairs and are swollen to the max..

Illmind

Illmind

depends

depends on how u like your highs. most connesours ya i spelled wrong fuggit, like to have chron that knocks even the veteran smokers through a loop. y the 75 day times.

G

graphicv9

what colors do we look for in the trichomes? I ask because i have some sfv og flowering 70 days since tuesday. all the trics are a milky/cloudy color. a few amber. but most of the hairs are white, maybe about 15 percent red, the buds are swollen and the leaves are all yellowing, which i know is normal. but she doesn't look like she will last much longer with the leaves dying off.

G

guerillaMAN

this may help you a bit more in judgement and knowledge of trichs info etc...
peace

When20To20Harvest20By20looking20at20Tricrohmes
S

sfzoo

^ thanks for that reference guide...

but under clear trichs it says 'harvesting now will decrease yield'

is this a typo? cause i don't see it decreasing yield...maybe overall potency...but not yield

S

Swerve

it decreases yeild cuz the bud hasnt had a chance to fill in yet. but when the trichs are close to amber usually the buds have filled in

J

Jalisco Kid

I always pick some bud early on new strains to help me dial it in in case I decide to grow it again. JK

Top Bottom