What fans are you guys using

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

What are you guys using for fans in your grow tent?

I have a no name one off Amazon and it literally wouldn’t even push a piece of paper off the table at 3’ away. Pathetic. I don’t even know how it’s possible to make a fan that moves such little air.

I see the hurricanes are used BUT. They raised price from $30-40 to $100 and seem to have an 80% failure rate. One guy had 14/16 fail.

What are you guys using that actually move decent amounts of air. And preferably oscillate and can clamp onto a tent pole.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've used 3 fans so far, Blizzard something or other, Vivosun something or other and a no name. The Vivosun was good for the 3 months it worked for, the blizzard was even better until it stopped oscillating but the fan still works so that's what I'm using now and the no name doesn't oscillate but I've never had any problems with it. I just don't use it cuz the cord isn't long enough and I'm too lazy to buy an extension cord. Everyone I know who uses oscillating fans says they break every 5 months or so other than tower fans.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've used 3 fans so far, Blizzard something or other, Vivosun something or other and a no name. The Vivosun was good for the 3 months it worked for, the blizzard was even better until it stopped oscillating but the fan still works so that's what I'm using now and the no name doesn't oscillate but I've never had any problems with it. I just don't use it cuz the cord isn't long enough and I'm too lazy to buy an extension cord. Everyone I know who uses oscillating fans says they break every 5 months or so other than tower fans.
Oh btw the blizzard one was $25 and for some reason it went up to $80.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I think he's talking about air circulation fans, not inline ones.
Ah shit. Cooking dinner and computing.... lol...

I like little 4" usb metal blade fans that I found at Walmart for $6. Low power draw but the metal blades really make the difference on little fans moving air. I also have a 6" vortex variable speed fan. Nothing oscillating, although I wish they made a small one I could hang. I don't like clip ons because they transmit vibration / sound into whatever it is clipped in to.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Ah shit. Cooking dinner and computing.... lol...

I like little 4" usb metal blade fans that I found at Walmart for $6. Low power draw but the metal blades really make the difference on little fans moving air. I also have a 6" vortex variable speed fan. Nothing oscillating, although I wish they made a small one I could hang. I don't like clip ons because they transmit vibration / sound into whatever it is clipped in to.
The usb ones are good and they never break but as you said they're only 4" so you need like 10 of them 🤣

CF89

CF89

No tower fans. I got one like that and the base is the same. The base takes up as much space as one plant ffs. I hate it. Would like mostly clip ons or something from the bottom. Or a hanging box fan up top.

I like that monkey fan a lot

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No tower fans. I got one like that and the base is the same. The base takes up as much space as one plant ffs. I hate it. Would like mostly clip ons or something from the bottom. Or a hanging box fan up top.

I like that monkey fan a lot
Yeah 9n a tent clip on oscillating. Remember air flow under and through the canopy is the key. Don't have them blowing down on the plants.

Last edited:
visajoe1

visajoe1

Hurricane wall mount oscillating fans are on sale at amazon right now

Madmax

Madmax

See if you can get growlush 180mm 20 watt oscilating fans over there.these have a 2 speed setting.ive only had mine on low...brilliant

visajoe1

visajoe1

The reviews for those are atrocious. One guy had 14/16 fail or something.
atrocious huh. we must have different opinions of the meaning of that word. reviews show 74% is 5 star

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I just use the cheapies on amazon. You'll go through so many fans, you'll wish you took stock in one of the manufacturers. You don't really need gail force winds either, just get that air moving. As Aqua Man said, under and through the canopy is key.

CF89

CF89

atrocious huh. we must have different opinions of the meaning of that word. reviews show 74% is 5 star

sorry. No offence and I appreciate the tip on them being for sale. I wish they were solid. I can’t trust them.

74% 5 star is absolutely horrible lol. That proves it right there. Most decent products are 95%+ and averaging like a 4.5 or higher at minimum. This is a 4.0 or a 3.9 area. Ouch.

the amount of one stars and failure rates is concerning. Especially with my luck. Not to mention they used to be $40 now they’re $90. I’ll pass.

F50E32FC 236F 4168 9859 084C2B1C5AF4
29B294B4 6D3C 4A03 840D 668D143DD174
Top Bottom