What fertilizers to feed on last 2 weeks of ripening

• Thread starter SmokeyGhost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmokeyGhost

I am currently running on an 8-week flowering cycle with soil and was wondering what people usually add on the last 2 weeks before flushing on the last week. For the last 2 weeks of ripening before flushing, I usually add the regular FloMicro, FloBloom, CalMag, and Overdrive.
Just wondering if anyone out there is doing something similar or different that would have suggestions.

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

When I'm doing organic I try to time my last top dressing 5 weeks before the targeted chop date. Don't really need to do anything since I'm just hitting them with R/O water and tap water mixed together.

When I'm doing salts I usually just stick with my normal feed schedule. I've been using jacks 3-2-1 /w PowerSi and Mr. Fulvic. I hit them with a heavier watering once a week with recharge to just flush out extra salts. Last two grows have been done that way till the last week then I just water with R/O and tap water.

S

SmokeyGhost

When I'm doing organic I try to time my last top dressing 5 weeks before the targeted chop date. Don't really need to do anything since I'm just hitting them with R/O water and tap water mixed together.

When I'm doing salts I usually just stick with my normal feed schedule. I've been using jacks 3-2-1 /w PowerSi and Mr. Fulvic. I hit them with a heavier watering once a week with recharge to just flush out extra salts. Last two grows have been done that way till the last week then I just water with R/O and tap water
Sorry if I sound stupid but wouldn't mixing r/o and tap water is just another version of balancing the pH of the tap water? And do you use anything as a bud enhancer for ripening?

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

It's more of a stabilizer for my R/O water. I try to aim for around 100PPM on my R/O Tap water mix. Helps keep the PH stable for longer. I started to notice my PH in my feeding solutions would drift as it sat. Mixing it didn't really help at all. I read about PH here and how mixing in some tap water can help with that and it has, a lot.

I've used Jack's finisher, but I know I'm not good enough of a grower to really maximize it's use. I feel like finishers and a lot of the other products that promise huge returns are only beneficial if you have everything else locked down.

Of course that all being said, I'm trying CO2 out on a current grow. I can get tank refills for free from a friend that welds so I just needed the gauge. While everything isn't perfect, I can say these are the biggest 26 day old plants I've ever had. Once I get home I'm going to be doing my 4th topping for 3 of them. My last run of photos I didn't even top for the first time till day 21.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

It helps a lot when reusing your soil, the enzymes in the barley break down the roots after you chop and help reset the soil. I also feel like it helps produce more trichomes. I add it throughout the grow, an organic way to introduce enzymes into the soil.

S

SmokeyGhost

It helps a lot when reusing your soil, the enzymes in the barley break down the roots after you chop and help reset the soil. I also feel like it helps produce more trichomes. I add it throughout the grow, an organic way to introduce enzymes into the soil.
That's interesting. I will give it a try.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I get 6-row malted barley from the brewing supply store, it has the highest enzymatic activity.

S

SmokeyGhost

It's more of a stabilizer for my R/O water. I try to aim for around 100PPM on my R/O Tap water mix. Helps keep the PH stable for longer. I started to notice my PH in my feeding solutions would drift as it sat. Mixing it didn't really help at all. I read about PH here and how mixing in some tap water can help with that and it has, a lot.

I've used Jack's finisher, but I know I'm not good enough of a grower to really maximize it's use. I feel like finishers and a lot of the other products that promise huge returns are only beneficial if you have everything else locked down.

Of course that all being said, I'm trying CO2 out on a current grow. I can get tank refills for free from a friend that welds so I just needed the gauge. While everything isn't perfect, I can say these are the biggest 26 day old plants I've ever had. Once I get home I'm going to be doing my 4th topping for 3 of them. My last run of photos I didn't even top for the first time till day 21.
Wao. Lucky you. Free supply of CO2. I use a water reservoir setup and pump up water from the bottom up to water my plants. I use a water pump and an o2 bubble that people use for fish tanks to keep the water agitated constantly. Not sure if that would be a cheap suggestion to fix your pH level as it sits.

Latest posts

Top Bottom