What Flavor Is Your Weed?

• Thread starter Planter01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Planter01

Planter01

I'm seeing more and more chit designed to give weed a specific flavor. I've always flushed for a couple weeks with molasses but I think it's benefits don't amount to much and I certainly don't think I can note a taste difference. I know there are a lot of guys using Bud Candy or even things that impart a grape flavor to your weed. Can anyone speak to its value. Does your bud taste fruity or sweet or is it just another product to buy. Personally I like the taste of a finely cured natural bud but it might be interesting to try sumpin on a plant or two. Can you really impart a flavor to your bud using additives and what are you using? Thanks..

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I'm seeing more and more chit designed to give weed a specific flavor. I've always flushed for a couple weeks with molasses but I think it's benefits don't amount to much and I certainly don't think I can note a taste difference. I know there are a lot of guys using Bud Candy or even things that impart a grape flavor to your weed. Can anyone speak to its value. Does your bud taste fruity or sweet or is it just another product to buy. Personally I like the taste of a finely cured natural bud but it might be interesting to try sumpin on a plant or two. Can you really impart a flavor to your bud using additives and what are you using? Thanks..
Its all bad... good genetics will give you great smell and flavor/ terp profile. Some really bad growers dont even add it to the growing plant... they just spray the buds after drying.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If you could just dump faygo into a pot and have your herb taste like it, don't you think most of us would do it already. Nothing will add flavor to your herb. Quality genetics, and terpy profiles are key. There are additives that help with terp and oil production. I use terpinator. And I swear it adds a level of stink when I'm harvesting. So much, I run 3x 70# scrubbers with 8" 720 fans or my building smells like super dank.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I agree. Good genetics and a dialled in environment is where it's at. Tried the bud candy. It was alright. Didn't change taste of my bud. I'm a fan of giving carbs and L-aminos. The higher the brix in the plant the better and it helps keep the bugs away too.

Planter01

Planter01

Spray bottles... that's a major buzz kill but it explains a lot. It's not very often I can discern a flavor profile in a weed that matches the name. Blueberry, Blackberry, Strawberry etcetera are not flavors I readily pick up. Maybe fruity or sweet but generally I'm looking for weed that "tastes good" whatever that means. It's a universal taste that we all know but I'm not sure what it comprises. What do we mean when we say " that taste pretty good?. I do remember the distinct flavors of "Jamaican" or "Acapulco Gold" in the 70's and i would know it if i smoked it again. I wonder if i grew Gold now if it would have the same taste i remember?Having given it some thought though I have burned weed that in hindsight did taste too lemony or fruity. I'm puking venom that I believed the flavor was in the genetics and not the bottle.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Its all garbage. Every bit of it. I dont buy the "carbs for microbeasties" line when you are discussing a sterilized solution flowing through your roots. Which most people are growing with hydro nutes. But they never tell you to withdraw these sensless additives. Nope, good for every occasion. Some day somone gonna get mustard gas weed with all the numerous misunderstood ingredients going into commercial crops.

-BudCandy, Nirvana, Voodoo Juice,Bud factorX, B52, Big Bud-

/\ Okay thats a label from some bottom shelf weed I picked up that makes me cringe its so nasty. WHY WAS IT ON THE BOTTOM SHELF BIG MIKE?? Id be suing these nute companies for wasting my time and money and crops. And making real smokers talk shit about your operation.

Most if not all of them stupid "sweeteners" have OTHER STUFF in them. Magnesiums sulfurs and what have you. Which means its not all the nute companies fault. The grower isn't supposed to use until the very last day. Its kind of a given you dont put metals into a bud on the day of harvest. BUT THEY DO, because their lame ass monsanto bud has zero smell without pouring plum skin extract, raspberry skin extract, orange rind extract and coca cola in their roots. (instead of spraying like they used to)

Sugar buds... Increased yield because sugar is heavy

Increased frost because sugar looks frosty when it dries

Increased swelling before harvest because they are inflamed.

Increased smell because the bottle is comprised mostly of produce waste extracts (skins peels and rinds) that directly contaminate the plant matter. There is no chemical reaction, there is no food or work being done. Only filling premature plants with scented sugar water so they LOOK ripe.

That aint "hashoil" leaking out of your bud. Go ahead, take a taste when you see some shit like this. Splenda! Monsanto approves.

CASE CLOSED.

Maxresdefault 2
Last edited:
Top Bottom