What from your opinions is the best tent?

• Thread starter BogartAmungus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I think it is going to be easier for me to just buy a tent to start. I am too impatient to build a box. I work 6 days a week most of the time and as soon as the weather breaks I will be fishing every weekend! Also the best LED's for the money. I was looking at this tent. What are your experiences?
What from your opinions is the best tent

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Best being relative, I would look at Gorilla (pricey) and Unitfarm (a great Gorilla Knockoff).
I own a UF 2x4 and will attest to it's superior quality. Flaps cover the zippers so no light leaks and the cloth is the diamond pattern, like Gorilla's. The zippers are xtra high quality as are the poles and welds!

I was gifted a Mars 3x3, but due to circumstances have not been able to test it as yet.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I have heard the Mars tents are built pretty strong but I don't know for sure as I don't own one. I just bought the Ipower cheap ones off ebay.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The Marshydro you hav posted is a bad ass tent. It all depends on space, lights using, how many plants you want, different cycle chambers....
I was actually looking at the Mars tents before getting the 3x3. Normally I am NOT a fan of Mars (lights and CS), but I was gonna give the tents a try.

I am a bit concerned about light leaks on the Mars 3x3, since it does have 2 "D" side doors. I won't know for sure until I set it up.
I have a badly aging Vivosun 3x3 that will be replaced as soon as I clear a few things up (like my own health..nothing serious, just a PIA)

Since most have never heard of Unitfarm..I posted a link. They are imports and the only contact that I have ever had with them was a few yrs ago when I tested their Cree/Oshram UFO80 (got one for free, and while not a fan of Burple..this thing rocks)
NOT AFFILIATED!

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Being new and impatient to this. I know i will jump the gun and most likely regret not being patient. I do know i should just build something. I can buy alot of shit for the price of that tent.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

A good tent is a good investment. I have had my cheapo Vivosun for 3+ yrs and it gets heavy use (opening and closing)
The Unitfarm will outlast it and anything else that I have seen.

Building should be better, for those with talent. Personally, I can't cut a straight line in wood, so I need something pre-built..LOL

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I have used cheap Urban Farmer 2x4 tents for quite a while and have taken them down and put back up multiple times.
Biggest thing is completely unzip before assymbly!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just had a look and those Unitfarm tents are not being stocked in the USA anymore..I have seen them on other sites like Ebay if you are interested, but TBH, haven't looked there in quite a while either.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I'm really happy with my 5x5 gorilla tent. It's really well built, my cat has climbed it multiple times & I have no tears or holes. My only gripe was the cinch shut openings, that material is kinda cheap.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I'm really happy with my 5x5 gorilla tent. It's really well built, my cat has climbed it multiple times & I have no tears or holes. My only gripe was the cinch shut openings, that material is kinda cheap.
Is that the Gorilla Lite or the regular Gorilla if I may ask..Very curious.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Haha I said the same! They had these on sale for less than the reg black ones on black friday 2 years ago so I gave it a shot. I think they still do small runs of limited edition ones & send you a lil #/100 special card like i got with mine.

Had to screen shot it, dont have the pic on this phone anymore.
Screenshot 20200208 070623 Chrome

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I was actually looking at the Mars tents before getting the 3x3. Normally I am NOT a fan of Mars (lights and CS), but I was gonna give the tents a try.

I am a bit concerned about light leaks on the Mars 3x3, since it does have 2 "D" side doors. I won't know for sure until I set it up.
I have a badly aging Vivosun 3x3 that will be replaced as soon as I clear a few things up (like my own health..nothing serious, just a PIA)

Since most have never heard of Unitfarm..I posted a link. They are imports and the only contact that I have ever had with them was a few yrs ago when I tested their Cree/Oshram UFO80 (got one for free, and while not a fan of Burple..this thing rocks)
NOT AFFILIATED!

I been waiting to see that mars tent set up.
When you gona pull the trigger buzz?

Top Bottom