What going on with my plant??

• Thread starter twaller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
twaller

twaller

I could really use some help. Plant are about 6weeks. Plants was starting to shows signs of stress so I thought I needed to repot my plant hoping to fix the issue but im unsure that I did. The soil I am using now is Black Gold organic. I'm waiting for "fox farms soil happy frog". I've added worm castings to the soil and the plants have have superthrive about 2 weeks ago. The soil ph is 6 to 6.5. Any help would be appreciated.

What going on with my plant
What going on with my plant 2
What going on with my plant 3
What going on with my plant 4
What going on with my plant 5
What going on with my plant 6
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

OK its not too bad. I think there could be a few things happening but fortunately for you it's early and you should be able to fix it. First off Im noticing the leaves are slightly yellowed that could be from...

A) Overwatering and the plant is struggling with oxygen uptake through the soggy roots

or it could be...

B) Possible Nitrate deficiency. A lack of nitrate food in the vegetative state will often result in the leaves turning lighter in color

Also I'm seeing a little bit of the rust spots showing up on the yellowed leaves. That is likely a nutrient deficiency probably Magnesium or Calcium. If I were in your position I would do the following things to help correct this...

1) Start watering less. Both in frequency and in amount of water. Let the pot dry out a day or two in between waterings make sure the top layer of soil is bone dry to the touch before adding water again.

2) Start feeding your plant. I would use a vegetative nitrate fertilizer start with a light dose and ease into it. Also along with the fertilizer you should also start adding a Cal/Mag supplement. If you these things your plant should be happier. Good luck! 😎 ✌️

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Thank you! I will definitely try this.
Also if you add the Nitrate fertilizer make sure its organic. Because you have good high quality microbe rich medium you don't want to kill that microbe base with salt based fertilizer. Try something all natural and low salt like a Roots Organic Grow its a powder thats water soluble.

TSD

TSD

They look hungry, I'd give it a dose of organic fertilizer of some kind. Make sure when you water, saturate all the soil till a bit runs off then don't water again till it's dry, usually a few days at that stage.

D

Dugplug

I could really use some help. Plant are about 6weeks. Plants was starting to shows signs of stress so I thought I needed to repot my plant hoping to fix the issue but im unsure that I did. The soil I am using now is Black Gold organic. I'm waiting for "fox farms soil happy frog". I've added worm castings to the soil and the plants have have superthrive about 2 weeks ago. The soil ph is 6 to 6.5. Any help would be appreciated.
Slight cal mag deficiency

twaller

twaller

Also if you add the Nitrate fertilizer make sure its organic. Because you have good high quality microbe rich medium you don't want to kill that microbe base with salt based fertilizer. Try something all natural and low salt like a Roots Organic Grow its a powder thats water soluble.
Thank you. I plan on getting the
Cal-Mag-Plus and ordering some Fox Farm fertilizer kit. I believe that is organic. Do you believe the Roots Organic would be a better choice? I also done a epsom salt foliar spray last night. I'm unsure how often I should do that. Anywho thanks again for the help.

twaller

twaller

They look hungry, I'd give it a dose of organic fertilizer of some kind. Make sure when you water, saturate all the soil till a bit runs off then don't water again till it's dry, usually a few days at that stage.
So every time I water I should get a little run off? That is something I have not been doing. Thanks!

TSD

TSD

So every time I water I should get a little run off? That is something I have not been doing. Thanks!
I personally have not used either, I use Dutch Science powder nutes... and yes runoff is important, especially if feeding Epsom salt or using a salt based fertilizer, the salts can build up and cause ph issues that can cause lockout, which means your plant won't take up the nutrients. It's less important in soil than say coco where you are feeding constantly, but I still like to get a decent amount of runoff just so I know they are actually saturated and stuff isn't building up in the soil.

twaller

twaller

I want to say thank you to everyone for the advice. I also wanted to post a update on my little girl's 😁. I repotted in 20 gal bags. 2 have FoxFarm Happy Frog soil and the other 2 Coast of Maine Stonington Blend. They have been in this soil for a little over 2 weeks. I have been giving Cal-mag and fishsh!t and then recharge every 7 to 10 days. I'm starting the Fox Farm Trio tonight. I was told the soil I have I should not have to feed for 4 weeks but I'm starting to see some white or yellow spots on my leaves. Also should I trim some of the Fan leaves. I'm thinking about topping one of them again what everyone's thoughts on
topping and topping several times?
IMG 20220604 212129 696
IMG 20220604 212055 044
IMG 20220604 211957 301

IMG 20220604 212029 609
IMG 20220604 211957 301
IMG 20220604 211850 698
IMG 20220604 212110 819
IMG 20220604 212120 875
IMG 20220604 211957 301

IMG 20220604 211937 210
IMG 20220604 212129 696
twaller

twaller

OK its not too bad. I think there could be a few things happening but fortunately for you it's early and you should be able to fix it. First off Im noticing the leaves are slightly yellowed that could be from...

A) Overwatering and the plant is struggling with oxygen uptake through the soggy roots

or it could be...

B) Possible Nitrate deficiency. A lack of nitrate food in the vegetative state will often result in the leaves turning lighter in color

Also I'm seeing a little bit of the rust spots showing up on the yellowed leaves. That is likely a nutrient deficiency probably Magnesium or Calcium. If I were in your position I would do the following things to help correct this...

1) Start watering less. Both in frequency and in amount of water. Let the pot dry out a day or two in between waterings make sure the top layer of soil is bone dry to the touch before adding water again.

2) Start feeding your plant. I would use a vegetative nitrate fertilizer start with a light dose and ease into it. Also along with the fertilizer you should also start adding a Cal/Mag supplement. If you these things your plant should be happier. Good luck! 😎 ✌️

twaller

twaller

Hey I posted a update of my plants. Can you take a look to see if there is anything else I should be doing?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hey I posted a update of my plants. Can you take a look to see if there is anything else I should be doing?
The light yellow growth showing at the very tops of the branches is from overwatering. The soil gets too wet and then they have trouble getting oxygen up through the roots. I would recommend not watering for at least 3 or 4 days let the pot dry out a bit and wait until its nice and dry before next watering. That yellow growth will correct. Other than that it looks good so far

twaller

twaller

The light yellow growth showing at the very tops of the branches is from overwatering. The soil gets too wet and then they have trouble getting oxygen up through the roots. I would recommend not watering for at least 3 or 4 days let the pot dry out a bit and wait until its nice and dry before next watering. That yellow growth will correct. Other than that it looks good so far
Thank you.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I would dry them out to just before the point of wilt then thoroughly water and repeat,it also looks like your watering around the stem on one pic,maybe the root zone is too wet.

Top Bottom