What Grow Medium Has Best Results .... Soil Or Coco

• Thread starter Dai
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dai

Ive been wondering do you get bigger better buds in soil or coco and which one is the best to use

D

Dai

@jumpincactus @diSPENCERy @MedicinalTHC @Grower9241 @Toph420 @BestowGarden @Strainfinder @Cali clouds

Rcubed

Rcubed

Why not both? I use a mix of about 40% coco coir, 40% fox farm ocean forest and 20% perlite. Just mixed a batch last night.
It all depends on where you want to focus your efforts. If you use Coco only you need to add nutes constantly which requires a sustained effort. If you mix a complete soil mix you front load your effort and let mother nature take over.
I've seen good results both ways. I prefer soil.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
For sure. I like mixing them so I don’t need much ferts for the first few weeks of vegging and at the same time it’s not too hot for seedlings and fresh clones.

D

Dai

You can get coco with feed init which is right fo the 1st 4 to 6 weeks

DismalDude

DismalDude

For me soil indoors is a huge pain in the ass but I wouldn't go any other way because it's forgiving,natural,tastes better(to me) and great if going organic. It's a lot of weightlifting though and can get expensive unless you're taking your used soil and bringing it back to life to use again.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Coco, I've set up properly world well for me. But it's all about automation. Using a reservoir, pumps, timers, water lines ect. But once set up is easy. I water one minute every hour in a 5 qt container. I can leave for a week without problem as long as issues don't come up while gone.

souf69

souf69

This is how I look at it. They both work well however coco is by product of well you know, coconutz. So this is a plus. Peat or soil as you call it is mined like gold, top layers of good forest etc is scraped and mixed n bagged up. This is no good, but it can be used again and again but still bad because of the mining. Coco is reusable as well but needs more leaching as the cation exchange is different.
My favorite is a super coco style recipe with few additives.

gwheels

gwheels

I like coco because
1. No bugs
2 . It works in my autopots
3. You control all feeding. I find it easier to feed when tge formula is the same all the time. Rather than water water nute

Outside i like happy frog with ocean forest but i dont care about bugs outside. Its full of them.

I believe you xan grow a bigger plant in a smaller pot in coco. You just feed it more.

I just add 5 gallons to the 13 gallon rez avour every 5 to 8 days.

This is just my opinion based on ehat i do.

Top Bottom