What Grow Room Controller Are You Using?

• Thread starter Nesta028
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nesta028

Nesta028

Whats up everyone? As it turns out, I received the wrong controller from AC Infinity and with the Controller 69 Wifi on back order I’m back researching the best available option. I certainly could wait out the inventory issue, but figured I would ask here… what wifi enabled controllers do you like? I see a lot of folks using the Controller 69 and various Inkbird controllers.

Im an organic soil grower, so im not monitoring hydro equipment. Basically exhaust/intake fans, oscillating fans, and an AC unit if possible. Wifi enabled is a must.

Would love to hear what you all recommend!

Thanks!

D

dean1963

i have 2 ac infinity controller 67 going now, 1 for exhaust and 1 for intake.
once i was figured out how to calibrate them the same i'm more than happy with them.
the new 1 i have says bluetooth chip on it, but i don't know why i'd use it, or how to for that matter.
set and forget until you need to adjust the settings, which isn't often.
do you have a horticulture project that far away that you can't stop in and say hello to the girls everyday?

D

dean1963

i just have old school shit for a/c ,humidifiers, dehumidifiers, heaters. as in i set the shit on the individual panels.
i just like to spend time with my girls. my daughter (20 years old) constantly says she's my least favourite girl.
lol

O

Obiwancanabi

I only recently got an AC Infinity fan and the Bluetooth controller is good, but sketchy on connection unless you are real close to things. My grow is automated some what with wifi plug sockets and a couple of wifi enabled humidistats that plug into permanent power, there is a mesh repeater so things get a good connection to the network and then smartlife controls everything except the AC Infinity stuff, I can turn on oscillating fans at trigger points, or timers from anywhere, as long as i have internet connection I can manage my grow. Those things have been near 100% reliable, But it's been 3 days with my AC infinity running and its needed to be re paired every morning, even tho my phone links to my pc with the display always on, it should hold the connection but it doesn't. Every night its in a spot where it was working fine, and I wake up to it saying it disconnected shortly after i went to sleep, and it needs me to re hold the pair button on the controller. So annoying, is that normal for anyone else?

H

haha420

I don't have the wifi version but I did read they have plenty of dropout issues. Might have to do a firmware update and I can't remember if they are even repairable.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I only recently got an AC Infinity fan and the Bluetooth controller is good, but sketchy on connection unless you are real close to things. My grow is automated some what with wifi plug sockets and a couple of wifi enabled humidistats that plug into permanent power, there is a mesh repeater so things get a good connection to the network and then smartlife controls everything except the AC Infinity stuff, I can turn on oscillating fans at trigger points, or timers from anywhere, as long as i have internet connection I can manage my grow. Those things have been near 100% reliable, But it's been 3 days with my AC infinity running and its needed to be re paired every morning, even tho my phone links to my pc with the display always on, it should hold the connection but it doesn't. Every night its in a spot where it was working fine, and I wake up to it saying it disconnected shortly after i went to sleep, and it needs me to re hold the pair button on the controller. So annoying, is that normal for anyone else?
I have the AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro and it has some problems. Most recently, it lost many of its settings due to a power failure. The WiFi still worked, but it forgot all of its control settings. Another problem is that it doesn't work well with the oscillating fan. So, till my current grow finishes, it's only controlling the inline fan. I plan to add some control plugs for the heater and maybe the humidifier.

O

Obiwancanabi

I don't have the wifi version but I did read they have plenty of dropout issues. Might have to do a firmware update and I can't remember if they are even repairable.
First thing i did was the firmware update, maybe I shouldn't have

I have the AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro and it has some problems. Most recently, it lost many of its settings due to a power failure. The WiFi still worked, but it forgot all of its control settings. Another problem is that it doesn't work well with the oscillating fan. So, till my current grow finishes, it's only controlling the inline fan. I plan to add some control plugs for the heater and maybe the humidifier.
Kind of nice to know its not just me, the loss of settings is a bit worrying, if my fan goes off my door swings open, the "minimum setting (Off)" was a handy little function, nice to know I shouldn't rely too heavy on it in advance, if the door stays open the whole airflow is disrupted and it will overheat fast.
But yeah i recommend those plug adapters with wifi, get them controlled via a humidistat and you are laughing. I got the bits here off Amazon, most of the humidistats are battery powered but there is one here that runs off USB power, they work great. I got 2, one for the veg area, one below my canopy and I now have the one from my fan so that stays up top to just monitor the vents.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I'm a bit old school and still rely on analog technology. This is the only "controller" I have and use for environment. This probably it's 10th year in use and before it I had another type that did the same thing.

It controls a 500watt analog control air conditioner in the Summer and controls fresh air intake in the Winter so I don't inject too much cold air into the room. Also use it to control drying temps.
Exhaust is on 24/7 with no controller starting around week 4 of flower to get odor out and keep RH down. It's a 3 speed 6" inline so using the speed settings makes it so I don't need to regulate it by temp plus it's more for RH and odor than anything.
Sometimes, depending on time of year I can use a recycling timer to control fresh air exchanges in the room too.
But yeah other than a basic day/night temp controller and a cyclestat timer I haven't found the need to have more than that for environment control.
I do like those AC Infinity meat probes for BBQ though. That is something I can use!

Last edited:
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Kind of nice to know its not just me, the loss of settings is a bit worrying, if my fan goes off my door swings open, the "minimum setting (Off)" was a handy little function, nice to know I shouldn't rely too heavy on it in advance, if the door stays open the whole airflow is disrupted and it will overheat fast.
When the power came back after about two hours, the tent got too hot because the fan settings vanished. It's odd that the WiFi settings were okay. I reprogrammed the controller and its working again. I may put it on a battery backup.

The AC Infinity is not the only controller I use. I have Ink Bird controllers for heat and humidity and also use Alexa control plugs for the lights.

Top Bottom